The Alaskan Tourism Recovery Act passes

K.T.B.

27 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Well I see that the earliest sailing on Summit to Alaska is June 30th on the Celebrity web site this morning.  So we will know by that time.

Sorry- I now see Summit has the earliest sailing of July 23 2021.

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

As I noted above, there is no need to repeal the PSVA – just carve out cruise ships, which is a lost industry for the US anyway.  And no ill will toward Canada [you have chosen a different course on Covid and have to see it through].  Vancouver and Victoria are really good ports, but there is no reason that every single Alaska cruise should be forced to stop in a Canadian port – let the market decide.

I can't stress how accurate this paragraph is.

Congress has created a 'value list' of ships which are exempted.   In computer programming,  programmers use value lists so users can select from drop-drop lists and choose the value that they want to insert,   for a particular input/out process.  It is easy, really.

If the new legislation for Infrastructure includes a yearly act to add/change/delete (such as the annual defense bills which get annual fiscal year revisions,   then adding/changing/and deleting ships from the exempted 'value list'   seems relatively straightforward.

The market can influence which ships get added on a yearly basis by speaking to the powers who manage the 'value list'

IMO,  the market should be speaking out about Back-2-Back sailings now,   so that cruiselines have their industry representative,  CLIA speak to the talking heads that manage the 'value list of ships'.

When you can free up the B2B's,   a ton of new itinerary options open up for all cruisers.

This is the next segment of the market that has to decide and like @markeb suggested in one of his lastest posts,   momentum is on the side of the cruisers.

p.s.  I love Seattle.   Lucky to commute there for 2 years M-F.   Once you see the "Lady" you know.  The people who live work and play there are among the most intelligent communities you'll ever meet and that is why companies like Boeing,  Microsoft,  Starbucks and yes,  Holland America have major presents there.   

They also have alot of Bitcoins to spend when it comes to cruising,   so never sell the 12th man short.

5 hours ago, gerelmx said:

Bookings for Alaska are open, NO INSIDE

Personally, I'd never book an inside cabin on an Alaskan cruise anyway....  WAY too much beauty to see.

18 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

Personally, I'd never book an inside cabin on an Alaskan cruise anyway....  WAY too much beauty to see.

Totally agree.  And if the cruise has a COVID outbreak you are stuck quarantined in an Inside Cabin.