CocoCay Beach Bed question

Hey all — 

I have been watching the price on the Floating Cabana, but it hasn’t budged.  Today we scored a great price on airfare, so we made a spontaneous decision to add a trip to Maui onto our schedule this year, which means we won’t be booking a cabana.  But, we will be doing the beach club, and possibly a beach bed.  Which brings me to my question/s.

Which area has beach beds most conveniently located to the beach club?

And any opinions on whether getting both is a good combo, or unnecessary?  

With the reduced capacity sailing, it may be super easy to choose a spot in the beach club that we are just as happy with over booking one.  We are in a GS, but not sure if that means we get off the ship in an earlier time slot.  I tend to like to just have stuff booked ahead, and not having to worry about getting a shady spot.  We are making some selective splurges for this trip, and having a super enjoyable and relaxing visit to CocoCay is one of them.  

I haven’t been to the beach club yet (but have had a beach bed) but I would think you’d spend all your time there so a beach bed would be pointless? I’d rather spend my money on one or the other.

Wendy 

Best to just get the beach club.   It is fabulous.  Better food, great lounges and seating excellent service.  We had the beach bed- it wasn't great, curtains kept blowing in which didn't protect us from the sun- all regular service.  bar service was poor.

Enjoy the beach club.  Sells out fast.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input — we snagged beach club passes when they were “on sale” beginning of the month so we have that already handled.  They are so over priced that they are not seeming to sell like hotcakes at the moment.  

I think I’m suffering from too long stuck at home, and now going into “make everything perfect” over planning, lol.  But I’m still open to hearing anyone’s thoughts on the Beach Club — mostly because it is fun to hear while we wait to actually cruise 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Best to just get the beach club.   It is fabulous.  Better food, great lounges and seating excellent service.  We had the beach bed- it wasn't great, curtains kept blowing in which didn't protect us from the sun- all regular service.  bar service was poor.

Enjoy the beach club.  Sells out fast.

The wind/curtain and service info is very helpful — thank you 

30 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Thanks for your input — we snagged beach club passes when they were “on sale” beginning of the month so we have that already handled.  They are so over priced that they are not seeming to sell like hotcakes at the moment.  

I think I’m suffering from too long stuck at home, and now going into “make everything perfect” over planning, lol.  But I’m still open to hearing anyone’s thoughts on the Beach Club — mostly because it is fun to hear while we wait to actually cruise 🙂

Do you mind sharing how much they are when onsale?  I loved the beach bungalow last time we were at Cococay, but don't see those anymore so thinking about the Beach Club.  Just trying to understand if the price now is a sale or not.

thank you!

S

Sandc4e-

Beach Club fees are often different prices for individual sailings. We have several cruises booked  and the Beach Club price is different  for each cruise.  One is just under $100 /PP and another is close to $200/PP with the others falling somewhere in between. . 

You can reserve and then if it goes on sale for your cruise you can cancel and rebook it. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We have several cruises booked  and the Beach Club price is different  for each cruise.  One is just under $100 /PP and another is close to $200/PP with the others falling somewhere in between. . 

That's good to know, thank you. Ours is just under $200 and I thought it seemed pretty steep. I'll just keep watching for sales!

29 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

That's good to know, thank you. Ours is just under $200 and I thought it seemed pretty steep. I'll just keep watching for sales!

I was able to book Beach Club for $38.99 per person on Black Friday last year. It's going to be such a bummer when that sailing gets canceled (supposed to be 8 nights leaving on July 3rd).   Now all I see are prices in that nearly $200 range for my 2022 cruises--that's crazy and I refuse to pay that much when there's plenty of loungers, umbrellas and decent food on the 'free' part of the island.  I had booked it for another canceled cruise and we had paid about $70 per person for that sailing.  

I have done both and would NOT do the two together. 

If you go with the Beach Club, just get there as early as you can - without getting up before dawn.  LOL.  We went at 11 and were able to find a table with umbrella near the pool and camped out there all day. There were a ton of loungers with umbrellas open.  It was lovely.  The food at the restaurant was terrific.  The pool was fun, but cool when we were there (early February).  The bar was just a few steps away. 

I would take the Beach Club over the day bed any time.  But no way the Beach Club is worth $200 pp.  I would aim at $80 pp or lower.  

We got it at the $106 price pp.  Otherwise it has been consistently $169.99 pp, which is way too much.  I’m hoping it will go lower than we already booked, and we will rebook it. 

I think we are good just sticking with the Club.  

14 hours ago, sandc4e said:

Do you mind sharing how much they are when onsale?  I loved the beach bungalow last time we were at Cococay, but don't see those anymore so thinking about the Beach Club.  Just trying to understand if the price now is a sale or not.

thank you!

S

I paid  I think $100 pp.  We are doing a back to back and I reserved at that price for two sailings.  IMO well worth it.  No crowds, excellent seating arrangements.

Edited by Cruise a holic