Things you need to know about the RCCL experience

We are experienced cruisers, but new to RCCL 

Could someone help me with a few questions?

With Anthem of the Sea in mind and the Norway 9/5/21 cruise in mind

1. Dining. 

Explain what dining is available without additional cost?  Is there room service for breakfast?

Is there a charge (other than delivery tip)?

Can you pre order coffee to be delivered to your room for each morning?

Is there dining room service for breakfast and lunch or strictly buffet?

Are there late night options for a sandwich, pizza or heavy snack?

Does the 7 day cruise offer a main dining room lobster dinner?

2. Dress

Are capris or denim wear allowed in the main dining room?

Do men need collared shirts for dining?

Elegant night, is it on a specific night on a 7 day cruise?

3. Activities

Are we going to miss lots of scheduled shows and events by selecting late dining?

Will the swimming pools be open on cruises to cooler destinations? Are they covered?

Do they have planned classes or demonstrations (cooking,computer, photography, crafts, etc)?

Is there a theater or place onboard where movies are playing? Is there an additional charge for this?

4. Additional charges

Can you bring on soda or water or does it have to be purchased on board?

What is average cost for a domestic beer?  Can these be preordered to be delivered to your room prior to embarking?

Mixed drinks, average cost?  Sodas? Upgraded coffee?
Do they ever run the drink packages or internet packages on special?

Is the unlimited dining something we will wish we had purchased?  (We would normally do a steakhouse once, maybe twice a trip)

5. Helpful hints

ok, I know I could give some secret tips on Carnival, Holland and Princess because we have done a hundred days combined...what would you share about RCCL.

Thank you for any info you can provide. 

This recent comparison on YouTube may provide some useful insights as well.

Yes, Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos on Deck 4

Are we going to miss lots of scheduled shows and events by selecting late dining?

No.

Will the swimming pools be open on cruises to cooler destinations? Are they covered?

The Solarium, Deck 14 Forward is glassed-in and the pool just behind it is covered.

You are in for a treat if you decide to book.  The Anthem class ships are very inviting and as you will discover well suited to all weather cruising (lots of indoor public spaces like Club Two70).

2 hours ago, kr1sta1ynn said:

We are experienced cruisers, but new to RCCL 

Could someone help me with a few questions?

With Anthem of the Sea in mind and the Norway 9/5/21 cruise in mind

1. Dining. 

Explain what dining is available without additional cost?  Is there room service for breakfast?

Is there a charge (other than delivery tip)?

Can you pre order coffee to be delivered to your room for each morning?

Is there dining room service for breakfast and lunch or strictly buffet?

Does the 7 day cruise offer a main dining room lobster dinner?

2. Dress

Are capris or denim wear allowed in the main dining room?

Do men need collared shirts for dining?

Elegant night, is it on a specific night on a 7 day cruise?

3. Activities

Do they have planned classes or demonstrations (cooking,computer, photography, crafts, etc)?

Is there a theater or place onboard where movies are playing? Is there an additional charge for this?

4. Additional charges

Can you bring on soda or water or does it have to be purchased on board?

What is average cost for a domestic beer?  Can these be preordered to be delivered to your room prior to embarking?

Mixed drinks, average cost?  Sodas? Upgraded coffee?
Do they ever run the drink packages or internet packages on special?

Is the unlimited dining something we will wish we had purchased?  (We would normally do a steakhouse once, maybe twice a trip)

5. Helpful hints

ok, I know I could give some secret tips on Carnival, Holland and Princess because we have done a hundred days combined...what would you share about RCCL.

Thank you for any info you can provide. 

I love Anthem and I am sure you will too.    As someone already said you can go the royal caribbean website to explore ship facts.      

You can purchase various items on the cruise planner.   Did you set up logins to your cruise on their website?

Every so often Royal has a sale on shore excursions, wifi, dining, beverage packages, etc.etc.     You can book it now then if you see it cheaper you can do a reprice on the cruise planner. 

Same goes for your cruise fare.    If you see your fare is cheaper you can call Royal and get a reprice done.     

Do not pre-order any Spa treatments as you usually get a better price on board as they always have specials during your sailing. 

You can make reservations for entertainment usually 60 to 90 days before sailing date. 

You can bring water and soda on board on day of embarkment but I think you are now limited to a 12 pack (have to double check). 

There are many places to go for snacks throughout the day and night.     Sorrentos pizza on the promenade is a popular late evening snack venue. 

Yes, there is a indoor / covered solarium that is very large with indoor pools, hot tubs, solarium restaurant that is very nice for cool weather cruises.      The outdoor pool may not be open depending on the weather in Norway.     

I was supposed to be on b2b Baltic/Norway cruise for 16 nights last August.    Hopefully your sailing on 9/05 will happen for you - Enjoy and have fun planning. 

Edited by Sunshine3601