New Atlas Ocean Voyages info

keokukjoe

30 minutes ago, keokukjoe said:

Dear Mr. Aliberti:

Could you please address the comments made by a passenger on your first voyage concerning room service or more appropriately the lack thereof?  This is in addition to the laundry and WiFi issues which you have not addressed.

Per the AOV website under Experiences On Board, pull up the digital brochure concerning the Dining Program. 

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AOV_WNAV_DINING_PROGRAM_DIGITAL_BROCHURE.pdf

Under In-Room Dining at the end of the brochure see this statement:

IN-ROOM DINING Room service is available complimentary for all accommodations, with a choice in items. Feel free to take breakfast, lunch, or dinner from the comfort of your stateroom or suite. You can even dine on your private balcony for a delicious meal with exquisite views.

AOV marketing to travel publications added the more info. I've only quoted 2 references but there are many more.

https://www.porthole.com/atlas-ocean-voyages-reveals-new-dining-details/

"For those who want to kick back and relax in their suite, the cruise line offers room service, with an “always available” menu for all guests, featuring options such as an organic tomato cream soup, burgers, club sandwich, eggplant vegan burger, and a “buddha bowl” salad. For ing and sales advisors, guests can choose from a “Classic Breakfast” or “Healthy Breakfast” menu."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/atlas-ocean-voyages-to-deliver-gastronomical-adventures-with-six-tantalizing-dining-options-aboard-world-navigator-301334866.html

"World Navigator also offers room service, with an "always available" menu for all guests, featuring options such as an organic tomato cream soup, burgers, club sandwich, eggplant vegan burger, and a "buddha bowl" salad. For breakfast, guests can choose from a "Classic Breakfast" or "Healthy Breakfast" menu."

In addition to the laundry and WiFi issue, this is another factor that your marketing department and sales advisors “sold” us on when we booked and paid for our voyages. You do not have to apologize “for any confusion or inconvenience”. WE ARE NOT CONFUSED!  Yes we have been “inconvenienced” by the time we are spending trying to straighten out this fiasco. Instead of apologizing, why doesn’t AOV just bite the bullet and give us what we were promised and what we paid for?  VERY SIMPLE. Many of the posters on this board have suggested reasonable solutions concerning the laundry services and WiFi inclusions for those you have booked and paid for their voyages in full. That would be the honorable thing to do. It will also make good business sense as satisfied customers will be your best advertisement. Bad publicity from customers who were misled (or lied to) can destroy AOV’s reputation in its infancy.  Look at some of the posts of people who are already “jumping ship”

Personally, I recommended the voyage that we are on to friends of ours who have booked and are now very upset. They are not on Cruise Critic but follow these posts. How many others are doing the same? I started to arrange a large group for your  circumnavigation of Ireland cruise. Guess what? This is now on hold until we see how you will correct all these deficiencies. Glad we haven’t deposited for that voyage yet.

Passing blame to your marketing department doesn’t hold water. As President of AOV, aren’t you the Captain of the ship?

Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Sorry, bad copy and paste for porthole.com . It should be "For those who want to kick back and relax in their suite, the cruise line offers room service, with an “always available” menu for all guests, featuring options such as an organic tomato cream soup, burgers, club sandwich, eggplant vegan burger, and a “buddha bowl” salad. For breakfast, guests can choose from a “Classic Breakfast” or “Healthy Breakfast” menu.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joyce Ottawa said:

DA3B2998-D3DB-4048-BE53-CE225F852C29.thumb.jpeg.b6bce760eddb0b03d309dbd0006e371d.jpegAED2EB00-AE53-455D-9C79-32C5F57BDE1A.thumb.jpeg.2ac0b87d5ae7b68eab00a0bfce016acb.jpeg

Joyce: Thanks for clarifying. Sounds much more reasonable with healthy alternatives than just "Sandwiches, donuts and coffee" . We only depend on room service for breakfast so this is reassuring.  Now to get the laundry and WiFi issues resolved. Thanks again for all that you are doing. We hope you are enjoying your vacation!

On 6/30/2021 at 4:05 PM, keokukjoe said:

If I were you, I'd call them in the AM. Did you book directly with AOV or a travel agent? Speak with the AOV who booked your trip. You could also call their AIr Department and speak with Ken Goldberg. We've had our flights arranged quite a while ago and we don't leave until 10/1. Good luck.

Do you have a number for the air dept? Our flights are through Chicago tomorrow and we are getting notices from United that they are having severe weather and we may need to reroute?

1 hour ago, vicd1969 said:

Is the orange juice fresh squeezed or normal pasteurized from the carton? Thank you for your hard work posting all these photos!

Paula’s Pantry has freshly squeezed orange and you can get it if you specifically ask for it in the restaurant, otherwise you will get the carton juice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saddledowndani said:

Do you have a number for the air dept? Our flights are through Chicago tomorrow and we are getting notices from United that they are having severe weather and we may need to reroute?

Our contact at Atlas Air Dept., Ken Goldberg, has retired but you can reach Kevin White at 954-678-5207

Good luck and have a wonderful vacation! Please post updates. 

38 minutes ago, keokukjoe said:

Our contact at Atlas Air Dept., Ken Goldberg, has retired but you can reach Kevin White at 954-678-5207

Good luck and have a wonderful vacation! Please post updates. 

Thanks. Going to leave our flights for now but will keep Kevin’s info in case we have any issues. Our TA is on vacation this week. 

Still no info on our transfers other than who is providing the service (pick up times is what I’m looking for). Our documents do say they will meet us at other at customs or arrivals. Just not sure what time we are getting picked up on Friday at the airport to go to Alexandria. 

Joyce has been so helpful so I hope I can continue to help answer questions for future cruisers. 

• Like 1

As far as transfers, we were met by someone with our name on a sign, once we had picked up our baggage and were in the public part of the airport. We were picked up right away, no waiting for any other flights to get in, which was much appreciated. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zeborah said:

Does anyone know where to get the COVID PCR test in Athens before boarding ??

Make an appointment at www.pcrtestgreece.gr, You should receive confirmation a few minutes later. Friends went yesterday, a Sunday at their appointment time. No line. They do the paperwork and test outside. I'm sure they could have just walked up. They waited just a few minutes for the results (rapid antigen test for US, 13 Euro if you show your airline email). Of course they also do PCR, and also with flight discount . This is at Athens Hospital at Drisopoulou 24. They are open every day, even Sunday and holidays!. They said it was Very easy!

7 hours ago, Zeborah said:

Does anyone know where to get the COVID PCR test in Athens before boarding ??

For us, as soon as we arrived at the port, they were set up to test us.( no charge).  We had to wait for the results before we could enter the terminal. Then the doctor took our temperature and pulse , we filled out a form asking for vaccinations and the test we had done before leaving Canada. I was also tested before leaving the Athens airport. Then we boarded!!!! Yay!!!!

• Like 1

Joyce, I see in a previous post you mentioned gluten free bread. As my husband has coeliac disease could you possibly give us your opinion of the gluten free food on offer. Did you meet with the chef etc once on board to discuss your dietary requirements? Do they have even the basic requirements, like gluten free crackers to go with cheese?

Please do not do interrupt your cruise to do this for us, when you get home is fine.

We were very interested in this cruise line but the business with the laundry and internet have put us off somewhat. We will wait and see if management rectify the situation.

Topic, here we go again.  The ship keeps rocking.

No free laundry - check

No unlimited free internet - check

Add to the list of inclusive items which we were told were included in our fare and listed on Atlas's website and now are NOT included:

All suites, get total room service - check

Staterooms get only room service for breakfast and limited selections the rest of the time - check

No binoculars for passenger usage - check

No umbrellas for passenger usage - check

P.S.  My luggage is getting heavier.  But I am strong, I can handle it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jland said:

Joyce, I see in a previous post you mentioned gluten free bread. As my husband has coeliac disease could you possibly give us your opinion of the gluten free food on offer. Did you meet with the chef etc once on board to discuss your dietary requirements? Do they have even the basic requirements, like gluten free crackers to go with cheese?

Please do not do interrupt your cruise to do this for us, when you get home is fine.

We were very interested in this cruise line but the business with the laundry and internet have put us off somewhat. We will wait and see if management rectify the situation.

After talking with the hotel manager responsible for the restaurant as well, going forward all dinner menus have a “g” on them for gluten free.  Prior to that my favourite waiter would always check with the chef. Sometimes as with the coconut shrimp he made me a special gf recipe. They offer gf bread which does not taste like cardboard , yay!  I’m not celiac so it’s not as serious as it would be for you. I find there are plenty of gf options which are excellent. No complaints about the food !!! ( I didn’t ask about crackers, but the gf cookies are good) 

1 hour ago, Sami2 said:

No free laundry - check

Add to the list of inclusive items which we were told were included in our fare and listed on Atlas's website and now are NOT included:

Staterooms get only room service for breakfast and limited selections the rest of the time - check

The binoculars ( very nice Bushnells) were shipped in yesterday and in our room today. No idea about umbrellas, sunny and hot every day here!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sami2 said:

No free laundry - check

You need to add that they are charging extra for "Premium Pours" which they said was included and that they are offering only one type of red and white wine without an extra charge. 

Atlas needs to change their  theme song from "At Last Atlas" to "Promises, Promises". Choose between the Burt Bacharach and  the Naked Eyes versions and edit the lyrics to fit a la Randy Rainbow.

Also note that Atlas removed the FAQ's and Terms and Conditions links from the bottom of the website. Just went poof! Interesting.

Edited by keokukjoe