Scenic River Cruise - 2022 Jewels of Europe

tango223

We have booked the Jewels of Europe and are on the Scenic Pearl.  We are open to changing the date as we are flexible to another ship called the Scenic Jade. We have booked a Junior Balcony Suite.  Anyone have any information on either of these ships?  Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Have you looked on the website it shows all the ships and their layouts. Or get a brochure. We’ve never been on either of those two boats but apart from the size they are basically the same configuration. It looks like Jade carries four more passengers and Pearl was completely refitted in 2019 but Jade must have been refitted as well as her layout is the new one. Which deck are you on as there are Junior balcony suites on the Diamond and Sapphire decks? The Scenic ships are superb. CA

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Canal archive said:

Have you looked on the website it shows all the ships and their layouts. Or get a brochure. We’ve never been on either of those two boats but apart from the size they are basically the same configuration. It looks like Jade carries four more passengers and Pearl was completely refitted in 2019 but Jade must have been refitted as well as her layout is the new one. Which deck are you on as there are Junior balcony suites on the Diamond and Sapphire decks? The Scenic ships are superb. CA

We booked the Junior balcony suite on the Sapphire deck as it was a little less expensive and was told that the Diamond deck one has a slight obstruction.  We did look at the brochures and layouts but wanted to see if someone had actual knowledge as the pictures look about the same. It is our first time on Scenic so thank you for your comments.

Suites on diamond deck has some additional perks such as dinner at the Table le Rive for a sumptuous degustation experience.  I think there is early embarkation and other perks, but I don't remember what they are.

On 5/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, tango223 said:

.... Anyone have any information on either of these ships?  Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

We have not been on either of those ships but we loved that itinerary when we sailed with Scenic on the Jasper in 2016. That cruise remain my favorite vacation ever. The itinerary is wonderful and Scenic's service blew us away. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did ours.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed on the Jade in Sept 2016.  We were on the Sapphire deck, in a deluxe balcony.  The view from our room on this deck was still spectacular and we didnt think going up one deck justified the extra cost.  We were happy that we were relatively close to the lobby/lounges etc but far enough away that the noise didnt carry.  Those corridors are long!  The Jade itself is a lovely ship.  Enjoy.

We had a Junior Balcony Suite on Scenic Pearl in late 2019.  There are four on the Diamond deck, the first two had a slight obstruction, but ours did not.

The cabin was really quite nice and there are a few extras for Diamond deck.

I loved the position of the cabin, it was so easy to pop back for a jacket or to use the bathroom.  We didn't hear any noise from the lounge area, so convenience without nuisance.

The dinner at Table La Rive was fantastic.  One of the other perks was canapes each evening, which we thought that we would love.  It turned out though that these canapes were merely finger sandwiches and absolutely nothing special.  The worst was that you had to order them 24 hours in advance - we never knew if we would be hungry or not, so didn't bother.

We had two butlers, one was terrific, the other was not.

I doubt we would cruise with Scenic again, but if we did I think I would save money and try the Sapphire deck.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were on both ships as well as on Jasper during a trip from Budapest to Amsterdam as a result of low water levels. The size of the balcony and Jr Balcony suit cabins are the same. The only real difference is the location. I would not suggest the cabins in the back of the boat , you do hear and feel the engines. We were up front (204) and our friends were in the back of the ship, on Sapphire deck,  they were not pleased with the noises.

All passengers have the opportunity to have at least one dinner at the "Table le Rive" at the front of the boat.