Mariner to Explorer Penthouse Suite Question

Our Oct. 31st transatlantic got switched from the Mariner to the Explorer.  We were booked in a Penthouse Suite in a decent location and

now are in Penthouse Suite 704 up front.  Not crazy at all about location.  Have a call into our contact at Regent who know what available

until 6/2.  Any opinion on the cabin location?  BTW we love the Explorer.  Thanks,  Mary

2 hours ago, runnerswife said:

Our Oct. 31st transatlantic got switched from the Mariner to the Explorer.  We were booked in a Penthouse Suite in a decent location and

now are in Penthouse Suite 704 up front.  Not crazy at all about location.  Have a call into our contact at Regent who know what available

until 6/2.  Any opinion on the cabin location?  BTW we love the Explorer.  Thanks,  Mary

Agree with you… call and try to change to midship. There are four on deck 7 and four on deck 8. Check a deck plan. We love Explorer also…much better than Mariner. 
sheila

1 minute ago, Pudgesmom said:

How were you able to get your cabin assignment?

We got an e mail from Regent on Friday with all the revised documents.  Same docs, nothing has changed including tours, etc. Except the Cabin.  I have been in contact with our Regent rep who said she waitlisted us for a different location, but won't know what is available until 6/2.

They should have notified everyone at the same time. My TA wasn’t able to get into the system to find ours until today. 

Add in our cancelled flights carefully chosen with already paid air deviation , so far my first experience with Regent gets a B-. 

Edited by Pudgesmom

The penthouse suites on Explorer are much larger than those on Mariner. And it's a much larger ship. I would rather be in a penthouse on deck 7 on Explorer for a transatlantic than any of the penthouse suites on Mariner, which all seem to be up high on a small ship.

Would I rather have 740 on Explorer than 704? Yes, but deck 7 is low on a larger ship. And I do get seasick so I do look for the lower midship cabins, or take Bonine when the marine forecast is for waves higher than 8 to 10 feet.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, SWFLAOK said:

The penthouse suites on Explorer are much larger than those on Mariner. And it's a much larger ship. I would rather be in a penthouse on deck 7 on Explorer for a transatlantic than any of the penthouse suites on Mariner, which all seem to be up high on a small ship.

Would I rather have 740 on Explorer than 704? Yes, but deck 7 is low on a larger ship. And I do get seasick so I do look for the lower midship cabins, or take Bonine when the marine forecast is for waves higher than 8 to 10 feet.

Thanks for that info.  Makes me feel better about the whole thing.  Really looking forward to this

cruise and happy to be in  a Penthouse Suite and on the Explorer.  

Just got our new invoice with new booking number for our ship change from Mariner to Explorer for the new sail date of December 9th RT from Miami . OK with the cabin location. And pleased that even though the trip is one day longer the price was still the same.  And have shore excursions mostly booked. Fairly smooth transition. 

• Like 1