New - Who’s on Board

clivey

My problem is I mix up the names of my 3 daughters, let alone remember a good staff member, even if I add their name to my Notes but then can’t remember who that was! 

And this isn’t an age thing. My daughters since they were little, all know I’m talking to them when I use another daughter’s name. My wife couldn’t figure out why I called old friends by the wrong name till she met my mother who called my her brother’s name!

So I don’t worry much who is staff, and just enjoy their overall professionalism, which is most all of them.

Den 

• Like 4

Ship's officers are well paid employees of the cruise line and their number one objective is to make you believe they care about you, the customer.  Period!  We, the customers, should treat all crew members with respect and dignity, especially cabin stewards and wait staff, as well as the people who work behind the scenes (engineers, electricians, cleaning, seamen, etc).  Treat everyone well and you done have to worry about "who is on board."

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

their number one objective is to make you believe they care about you, the customer.  Period!  

Absolutely correct--

We never once had a reason to complain about a staff member , and, they do make us feel that they care, because they are well trained and do an excellent job. 

And, bye the way, We are not " Guests "--- We are " Customers ".

LOL----When's the last time you invited a guest to your home and charged them to come ?? 

( I shared that exact sentiment with the Captain on our last cruise during a casual conversation-- he had a " good laugh ", winked , shook my hand and went on his way ). 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 6/3/2021 at 9:54 AM, TeeRick said:
On 6/3/2021 at 9:54 AM, TeeRick said:

I think we can make this very safe and simple.  We  should not post crew members names and information here on Cruise Critic.  The only exception is for those crew members that have very public and active social media accounts and presence (like Captain Kate).  Even there the safest thing is just post a link to her posts or videos.

Let's go with the simplicity of @TeeRick's suggestion to start.  Only those vey public crew and absolutely no last names

If this morphs into discussions about employees at any level, all bets are off

Laura

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LauraS said:

Let's go with the simplicity of @TeeRick's suggestion to start.  Only those vey public crew and absolutely no last names

If this morphs into discussions about employees at any level, all bets are off

Quick question for @LauraS...Crystal posts full names for all to see, as does Azamara.  While your suggestion fits the Celebrity forum, what about for cruiselines which themselves make such info publicly available?

Just want to know policy.

Edited by FlyerTalker
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 6/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Quick question for @LauraS...Crystal posts full names for all to see, as does Azamara.  While your suggestion fits the Celebrity forum, what about for cruiselines which themselves make such info publicly available?

Just want to know policy.

It depends, really.  It is the context in which it is posted that really matters to us here at Cruise Critic.  Links to lists posted by a cruise line are fine I would suppose, in order to back up what you are saying (publicly available). 

I don't think anyone should be discussing individual employees who clean/support/serve you on board.  It's just unfair, and it only takes one single post to go down a road that would be inappropriate...

If in doubt about something, you can always write to me at community@cruisecritic.com

• Thanks 2