NON ELITE GUEST

ROYALBOY

On trans-Atlantic cruises I noticed that only actual Elites were invited/allowed to the Elite Cocktail Party, due to overcrowding.  I don't know if that is/will be the current situation on some cruises, so checking with the CC host seems to be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, mdcelebrity said:

On trans-Atlantic cruises I noticed that only actual Elites were invited/allowed to the Elite Cocktail Party, due to overcrowding.  I don't know if that is/will be the current situation on some cruises, so checking with the CC host seems to be a good idea.

Years ago, X began allowing CC members on Reflection TA's to enjoy happy hour drinks anywhere on the ship because there were so many on board. It seems they are now using AI to solve this problem fleet wide.

I took a friend on Infinity and we shared a stateroom. It was her first cruise ever,  and I wanted to show her why I love Celebrity, so I brought her to the CC breakfast in Tuscan. We were sailing with a couple of first timers in another stateroom, so we only broke away to do CC breakfast once, but it was memorable and the finest service I've ever had, and Celebrity got a new fan.  

Royal Caribbean doesn't allow this, so I had to choose between being with my roommate or abandoning her to go to the Diamond lounge, my favorite space on RC ships. So I'm so happy that Celebrity allows it!!!

• Like 1

My initial reaction to this topic was to go on the defensive. You know, perhaps facing a crowded lounge for the evening cocktail hours, and seats being at a premium? But after digesting more of your comments, I think I'll keep an open mind.

We certainly shouldn't be able to bring along an entire "tag along" non-Elite family group, or the 4 best friends that we're maybe introducing to cruising. But (when/if it reopens), I don't see a problem with bringing your non-Elite travel mate to the lounge. It's not like a few extra bodies would scarf down all the mini-quiches or consume that last bottle of Pinot Grigio!

Besides, with the hold on reopening the lounges, and the All-Inclusive pricing, all of this is kinda moot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We usually don’t go to the Elite events because we are with friends who are not but on one  occasion we stumbled upon the Elite cocktail hour and when asked by the greeter I apologized saying we didn’t realize what was going on (honestly), that we were Elite but our friends weren’t and then turned to leave.  She then nicely invited us all in.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In 2016, my partner was Elite and I wasn't yet, in the same cabin. Celebrity gave me a card that permitted access to different events only for Elite and above levels. That was a nice surprise. I don't know if they still do that !

• Like 1

My son stayed in our cabin with my husband and I. The 2 of us are elite+, but my adult son was not. On the first morning we went to the Elite breakfast and the CC hostess put a sticker on his card. This allowed him entry to all elite events (breakfast, HH, Elite tea, wine tasting, theater tour), but he did not receive any of the other perks (drinks on card, laundry, etc.). 

• Like 1