Reservations for La Reserve Dinners

BrocktonCruiser

On 6/4/2021 at 9:51 AM, cruisingxpert said:

I wonder if the Dom Perignon dinner will continue.  There were only 10 people at the one I went to.

Quite a few of the dishes were from the old Connoisseur menu.  Even though I love Champagne, I would prefer a new version of the Connoisseur menu to come back.

La Cuisine Bourgeoise is good but I found the portions a bit too large.

I really like their new program of Tapas and wine flights on nights that La Reserve isn't on, but you really have to watch Currents to find it.

I hope they will advertise it more.

The tapas and wine flights sound great.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, jeno said:

When the reservations open for La Reserve, are we able to book for more than our own cabin? For a group? 

As long as there is availability  & you pay at the time

There are only 24 seats  so they fill fill  up fast

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

As long as there is availability  & you pay at the time

There are only 24 seats  so they fill fill  up fast

Thank you! So when you reserve you are charged immediately? If I reserve for 6 at $99 I am immediately charged $600? Just trying to get my ducks in a row for when reservations open for that. 

19 minutes ago, jeno said:

Thank you! So when you reserve you are charged immediately? If I reserve for 6 at $99 I am immediately charged $600? Just trying to get my ducks in a row for when reservations open for that. 

I believe so   $99 + 18 %  gratuity  PP

Just now, LHT28 said:

I believe so   $99 + 18 %  tax/gratuity  PP

The 18% is gratuity only.

And, if your web account’s Cart will allow you to reserve more than your cabin’s occupants, it may do what it does for tours, which is to use any of your Oceania issued SBC to pay for it before moving on to charging your credit card.

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The 18% is gratuity only.

And, if your web account’s Cart will allow you to reserve more than your cabin’s occupants, it may do what it does for tours, which is to use any of your Oceania issued SBC to pay for it before moving on to charging your credit card.

You mean it won’t charge the $99, just the approximately $18 gratuity? 

5 minutes ago, jeno said:

Sorry  I have not had coffee yet 😄

it is just 18% Gratuity

So $99 plus 18%

Best to call Oceania  & ask for  the charge to be put on your cc

17 minutes ago, jeno said:

IF you are able to do more than your cabin’s LaReserve reservations on your web account, the Cart will charge the $99+18% for each seat reserved. And, like the tours, IF the Cart accepts your multiple reservations, it will first deduct payment from any of YOUR Oceania issued SBC showing on your account. If there is still a balance due, it will charge the remaining balance due against YOUR credit card.

One uncertainty here remains the multiple reservations. For the specialty restaurant reservations, you can invite other cabins to dine with you. But, I’m pretty sure they must accept the invite (though it will use their allotment for their seats).

IMO, you may want to do this over the phone with O and ask to charge your credit card. 

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

For the specialty restaurant reservations, you can invite other cabins to dine with you. But, I’m pretty sure they must accept the invite (though it will use their allotment for their seats).

I'm not sure if they get a message to accept the invite or just get a confirmation.  One thing I do need when I book specialties for other guests is their booking number.

• Like 2

I just called Oceania to try to get to the bottom of it.  Interesting, I was told that for 2021-2022 cruises we will only be able to reserve once onboard.  Has anyone for any upcoming cruise been able to book LaReserve yet? 
I was also told that Privee is now $250.  

3 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I'm not sure if they get a message to accept the invite or just get a confirmation.  One thing I do need when I book specialties for other guests is their booking number.

Yes - you’ve jogged my memory. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingxpert said:

Privee used to be $250.  I just booked it online for Dec 2021 and it was $300.

I asked her that specifically. I said, “I thought it was now $300?” And she said, “No, it’s $250”.  The LaReserve info is most likely wrong, too, although she did sound like she was reading it. 

If memory serves me, since we had to pay for La Reserve , you only had to supply the guests name and cabin number, unlike the Specialties that required booking number. I’d have both, just in case.

My Privee booking was $300.

All this illustrates why I never ever call one of the clerks answering the 1-800 number. When I need the information, I ask my TA that gets the information from more reliable sources. I have a TA and know how to use her. For those diyers, whatever!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeno said:

I asked her that specifically. I said, “I thought it was now $300?” And she said, “No, it’s $250”.  The LaReserve info is most likely wrong, too, although she did sound like she was reading it. 

Call again  & you will probably get different answers  😉

If you have a TA  ask them to check for you

I just called again. 🙄

This person said Privee is $300. 
She also said that 2021 LaReserve must be reserved onboard due to changing COVID situation and regulations. Situation may change for 2022.  She said each cabin must reserve their own LaReserve and that the menus will be the same. Who knows what is correct? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jeno said:

I just called again. 🙄

This person said Privee is $300. 
She also said that 2021 LaReserve must be reserved onboard due to changing COVID situation and regulations. Situation may change for 2022.  She said each cabin must reserve their own LaReserve and that the menus will be the same. Who knows what is correct? 

And they just told me La Reserve reservations can be made 90 days out...go figure.

2 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

And they just told me La Reserve reservations can be made 90 days out...go figure.

I wonder if people on those early Marina cruises have been able to reserve.