NCL-Amex Offer

joepeka

2 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Now that I think of it, the last one I used was for World's Leading Cruises which expired 12/20.  Someone on this thread mentioned NCL also had one expiring on 12/20 but I never got that one and didn't know about it or would have used it.

Is me saying I got the NCL offer in December. Back then it was $150 back

20210611_074909.jpg

• Like 1

My DH got it on his card, I did NOT get it on mine.  Last time it was offered...that was also the case, though reversed.   We did not use it last time and probably not able to use it this time either.😞 (Due to health reasons ) 

I booked a cruise using a similar offer months back.  The cruise was cancelled after maybe 4 months, I received a refund and they took back that Amex Offers credit.

I wonder if there is a period after which they'd no longer reclaim the credit?  For example, if I booked an NCL cruise for 2023 or late 2022 and either they cancelled it or I did, I wonder if Amex would still reverse the credit, or if enough time had passed that they wouldn't?

I am thinking of using this on a cruise in October. How do you guys go about making sure you get charged $500 before the offer expiration in August? Do you call NCL and request to prepay/put larger deposit on your cruise? Do you buy OBC? (BTW, do I understand correctly if unused OBC that I purchase myself is refundable?)

Also, my wife has the same offer. I assume we just call NCL and ask them to split payment and take $500 deposit from her as well? 

10 minutes ago, smart_alec said:

I am thinking of using this on a cruise in October. How do you guys go about making sure you get charged $500 before the offer expiration in August? Do you call NCL and request to prepay/put larger deposit on your cruise? Do you buy OBC? (BTW, do I understand correctly if unused OBC that I purchase myself is refundable?)

Also, my wife has the same offer. I assume we just call NCL and ask them to split payment and take $500 deposit from her as well? 

You can use both offers, just tell them you want to split the payment up. I put a $500 deposit down even though they only required $250. I originally put the deposit down on a cruise next year to secure the offer, then canceled that & put the money on a cruise this September,

• Like 1