Luminae in Alaska

33 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I’ve heard the dress is more casual in Alaska than most cruises. Does that include dinners in Luminae or will most still be dressed up for dinner?  We are a little over a year out, but I’m super excited and planning ahead. 

After many cruises aboard Celebrity (before and after Luminae) since "Formal Night" has all but disappeared, we have found most folks dress the same for Luminae as they would now dress for the Main Dining Room.  Suits/ties, for men and fancy dresses for women are more the "exception" rather than the "norm".

I am interested in seeing what shows up here, in response to your inquiry.

NRayH

• Like 1

Formal wear is never required in Luminae.  On "chic nights" my husband wears khakis with collared shirt and I wear black "dress jeans" and a sparkly top. All other nights its jeans and polo for him and  either capris and cute top or casual dress for me. 

26 minutes ago, 39august said:

Formal wear is never required in Luminae.  On "chic nights" my husband wears khakis with collared shirt and I wear black "dress jeans" and a sparkly top. All other nights its jeans and polo for him and  either capris and cute top or casual dress for me. 

Thanks!  I was wondering if nice jeans with a dressy top would be acceptable on non--chic nights. One of my friends said she wouldn’t, but again I keep reading Alaska is more casual. I’m concerned about being able to get everything on the plane and dresses would be wear once and done, although they would be way more forgiving toward the end of our 13 day trip. 

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I’ve heard the dress is more casual in Alaska than most cruises. Does that include dinners in Luminae or will most still be dressed up for dinner?  We are a little over a year out, but I’m super excited and planning ahead. 

Luminae on our two most recent pre pandemic cruises (Caribbean and Mediterranean) showed what we feel is the best in evening dress. Everyone looked smart but no one looked uncomfortable!

Smart polos or short sleeve shirts for the men and a nice top with trousers/skirt for the women...We have cruised Alaska and pretty much the same was true...Alaska dress simply (in our experience) means you cruise with an additional ‘outer’ layers of fleece/cardigan/ caghoules which you don’t need inside the ship but frequently do outside!

I often take on cruises a few items of jewellery and a shawl/scarf or two which can lift a plain top to look a bit more exciting...

Spend your time looking at the fantastic excursion opportunities available in Alaska, dress in Luminae is not a worry!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Luminae on our two most recent pre pandemic cruises (Caribbean and Mediterranean) showed what we feel is the best in evening dress. Everyone looked smart but no one looked uncomfortable!

Smart polos or short sleeve shirts for the men and a nice top with trousers/skirt for the women...We have cruised Alaska and pretty much the same was true...Alaska dress simply (in our experience) means you cruise with an additional ‘outer’ layers of fleece/cardigan/ caghoules which you don’t need inside the ship but frequently do outside!

I often take on cruises a few items of jewellery and a shawl/scarf or two which can lift a plain top to look a bit more exciting...

Spend your time looking at the fantastic excursion opportunities available in Alaska, dress in Luminae is not a worry!

So maybe a couple slacks and a skirt I could mix and match rather than dresses, except for chic nights.  I do love a pretty scarf, which would be perfect in Alaska. 

I have been looking at excursions, so many to choose from!

On our Alaskan cruise, dining in Luminae,  we noticed a variety of attire, though no actual blue denim (but it would have been permitted).   My husband frequently wears jean styled pants especially on that cruise.  The only thing not permitted in Luminae was shorts.  During lunch on embarkation day a nicely dressed gentleman in shorts was kindly reminded that they were not permitted other than that day which he had no issue with at all.