Royal Caribbean Blinks. Won't require proof of covid vaccination.

1 hour ago, Junonia said:

I have experience with vaccine injury. I'm here to tell you firsthand, when it happens, the only one who picks up the pieces and lives with the side effects long after the jab is given is you. Not your doctor, not the CDC. Just you. Imposing your beliefs and choices on others is not welcome in a free society. USSC? Do you mean SCOTUS? 

I totally agree about imposing your beliefs on others. But for a "government overreach" desantis to overreach and tell a business how to run their business is ludicrous. Compare to "I should not have to bake a wedding cake for that gay couple"

21 minutes ago, Junonia said:

It's not as simple as you think. But you will find out.

I'm about 100 times more "worried" about my vacation being screwed up than serious complications from that shot.  Why?  Because I only care about what my own personal medical professionals are telling me, not what a bunch of crows on the internet are squawking.  

• Like 9

1 minute ago, CaptainWoody said:

I'm about 100 times more "worried" about my vacation being screwed up than serious complications from that shot.  Why?  Because I only care about what my own personal medical professionals are telling me, not what a bunch of crows on the internet are squawking.  

Those are some wacky priorities. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bbnmom said:

I totally agree about imposing your beliefs on others. But for a "government overreach" desantis to overreach and tell a business how to run their business is ludicrous. Compare to "I should not have to bake a wedding cake for that gay couple"

State's governments are entitled to operate as they wish, via the legislature and the consent of the governed. If you offer a service to some people, it should  be made available to all. We did away   with "No xyz types allowed in our establishment" long ago because of the ugliness of discrimination.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Junonia said:

State's governments are entitled to operate as they wish, via the legislature and the consent of the governed. If you offer a service to some people, it should  be made available to all. We did away   with "No xyz types allowed in our establishment" long ago because of the ugliness of discrimination.

Fed law trumps state law.  I'm sure you know this.  Otherwise FLA would just pass their own CSO.

Edited by CaptainWoody

4 minutes ago, Junonia said:

Government overreach is government overreach. And I would have to disagree with the doing away with "No xyz types allowed" as per the example I posted. But that is ok. You are entitled to your ideals as am I.

2 hours ago, Junonia said:

I personally choose not to live in fear. There have been over 10k+ cases of Covid reported with the fully vaxxed, according to the CDCs website, and that number is likely much higher by now.  Viruses are a fact of life. Always have been and always will be. 

Whoa!!!! Is that a statistic I see there?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Junonia said:

Isn't that why you got the vax though? So you would not catch it?

Some people get the vaccine because they might not want to catch it but just as important they might not want to spread it, mainly because they think of others and realize the only way we're going to get rid of this virus is to squash it.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

What port will allow a ship to enter with on-board infections?

Vaccinations are the only way to cruise without masks, etc.

Amazing the lengths some will go to in order to avoid a simple vaccination that has been proven to be both safe and effective.  If getting the vaccine is such an ordeal then stay at home. 

Rocket Man you bring up a great point.  Has DeAntis said anywhere that he's willing to accept a ship full of sick covid people as a result of all the people commingling that get sick?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

Rocket Man you bring up a great point.  Has DeAntis said anywhere that he's willing to accept a ship full of sick covid people as a result of all the people commingling that get sick?  

Can he even ask about infected people?  Wouldn't that be violating their rights??  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Aside from the pleasant prospect of a vacation free of science ignorant people, I am not keen on having to wear a mask everywhere I go throughout the ship.  This is what will be required if they can't check the status of vaccinations.  This may improve their ability to sail out of Florida but I don't think it is going to improve the chances of Joe Public wanting their first few post-COVID outings being back on the floating petri-dish (public perception, not reality IMO).

Enough of the histrionics, please. Cruises always have been, and always will be, cootie catchers. That’s da fact, Jack. It’s reality.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

Sorry but this is a bigger issue of medical privacy. IMHO, you have no right to know whether I’m HIV-positive, whether I’ve had the flu shot, or whether I’ve had a COVID shot if I’m buying a good or receiving a service from you. You can take precautions. You may test me to see if I’m sick with it or make me wear a mask, etc., but you’re not entitled to exclude me from your PUBLIC ACCOMMODATION if I decline to be vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Enough of the histrionics, please. Cruises always have been, and always will be, cootie catchers. That’s da fact, Jack. It’s reality.

Some of us grew up in farm country, exposed to all kinds of airborn stuff.  If you can smell the manure 💩, there's a good chance you're breathing in whatever is in it.  Guess what?  We're some of the healthiest people you will ever meet!  Nothing like a little exercise to strengthen that immune system.  I see my cruises as just a week of good exercise for my immune system.  I don't even need to go to the workout room for that.  😎

1 hour ago, bbnmom said:

He’s not telling them how to run their business. FL merely is saying you can’t condition a good or service upon verification of someone’s vaccine status.

• Like 2

Taking the triumph out for a ride tomorrow, won’t bother wearing a crash helmet because I probably won’t come off…….

Be I will be an irresponsible idiot and probably dead if I do?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Sorry but this is a bigger issue of medical privacy. IMHO, you have no right to know whether I’m HIV-positive, whether I’ve had the flu shot, or whether I’ve had a COVID shot if I’m buying a good or receiving a service from you. You can take precautions. You may test me to see if I’m sick with it or make me wear a mask, etc., but you’re not entitled to exclude me from your PUBLIC ACCOMMODATION if I decline to be vaccinated.

IMHO you're right.  I do not.  But the cruises do because they own private businesses.  You can stay at home if you're not vaccinated and not be able to engage because no one wants to engage with you.

Edited by CampNCruise74
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

By the same token you believe you are free to go spread infectious diseases to people in public. 

Fortunately if I take NCL cruises it'll exclude you now.  If NCL changes the requirement to allow people like you, I won't go on NCL cruises.  NCL has a choice, and cruisers also have choices.

• Like 7

Here's what's going to happen. The vaccines will have full FDA approval soon. At that point, the Feds can require immunization to enter the country, or testing & quarantine.  The cruise lines, all of them, will not let you board if you don't have the proper clearnce to return.  
You don't have to get the vaccine, but you probably aren't going to be leaving the U.S.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, HarpHarp said:

Here's what's going to happen. The vaccines will have full FDA approval soon. At that point, the Feds can require immunization to enter the country, or testing & quarantine.  The cruise lines, all of them, will not let you board if you don't have the proper clearnce to return.  
You don't have to get the vaccine, but you probably aren't going to be leaving the U.S.

Your exactly right. Ding ding ding.   Big winner. 

Edited by CampNCruise74
  • Like 4

Old pharmacology lab rat here. The tests have a rather large error % as far as I'm concerned. If they give people a testing option, what happens if you test positive before boarding?  I'd much rather have to show proof of vaccination than take the chance on being denied boarding at the dock.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

This is not exactly true. I might not be entitled to know your HIV status. but your sex partners are by law in most states..  If you are in the medical field, you can be required to prove immunity to any number of diseases by your employer. Teachers and many other professionals are required to get TB tests and if you are traveling in an area with Yellow fever you have to be vaccinated.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bbnmom said:

I will wait to see if they mandate masks in the common areas. I don't mind keeping a distance from people but I don't think I want to have to wear a mask because some people feel their rights are being violated with a vaccine requirement or are vaccine hesitant. I would be surprised if masks are not mandated. At least until this virus is no longer classified as a pandemic.

It will be a pandemic forever. Masks should be on cruise ships forever. There is no need for people to get sick on a  ship if they can avoid it and also no other setting on earth but a cruise ship in which thousands of people are together for a 1 week or 2 at a time.

Edited by ace2542