Royal Caribbean Blinks. Won't require proof of covid vaccination.

I think the sound you hear is a bunch of people getting quarantined on their vacation and a bunch of people being required to wear mask everywhere public on the ship. That being said I am vaccinated and feel confident that I will most likely not suffer from covid symptoms. However, I now will most likely have to be masked and socially distanced because I cannot prove that it is unlikely that I could transmit the virus. Thanks desantis.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

The writing has been on the wall for awhile, but even I am surprised it has happened so quickly. Regardless of vaccination status, I think we can all agree that a fully vaccinated ship is less likely to have covid complications. I expected the 100% vaccination to stick at least during the initial start up phase. I really want cruise ships to get this right. I am fearful that one wrong move could permanently change the industry. 

• Like 8

I think it's great. Someone had to stand up and be the first. It was not too long ago where the CDC thought they had jurisdiction over every private landlord in the US as well. A smart move would be to have a choice designated on each sailing. Of course, Florida law will not allow it, but those who want to be on fully vaxxed cruises can sail out of other states like Washington. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I believe NCL will have a few cancellations if they drop the two shot vaccine rule, I for one

I will wait to see if they mandate masks in the common areas. I don't mind keeping a distance from people but I don't think I want to have to wear a mask because some people feel their rights are being violated with a vaccine requirement or are vaccine hesitant. I would be surprised if masks are not mandated. At least until this virus is no longer classified as a pandemic.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Old & Retired said:

RC no longer requires you show your covid shot proof in Florida and Texas.  Will NCL be next?  I can see it happening very soon.  That sound you hear is FREEDOM!

Just another reason to avoid Royal Caribbean.  Who wants to spend your cruise in fear of catching the virus from someone who won't get the vaccine?

• Like 23

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

Just another reason to avoid Royal Caribbean.  Who wants to spend your cruise in fear of catching the virus from someone who won't get the vaccine?

Isn't that why you got the vax though? So you would not catch it?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Junonia said:

Isn't that why you got the vax though? So you would not catch it?

I got the vaccine to reduce my chances of getting the virus. 

Do you want to be quarantined on the ship because others became infected because they didn't get the vaccine?

• Like 21

Just now, RocketMan275 said:

I got the vaccine to reduce my chances of getting the virus. 

Do you want to be quarantined on the ship because others became infected because they didn't get the vaccine?

No one wants to be quarantined on a ship. Once the ship is out of Florida waters, NCL could chose not to quarantine those who have proof of the vax, should the occasion occur. 

• Like 1

Aside from the pleasant prospect of a vacation free of science ignorant people, I am not keen on having to wear a mask everywhere I go throughout the ship.  This is what will be required if they can't check the status of vaccinations.  This may improve their ability to sail out of Florida but I don't think it is going to improve the chances of Joe Public wanting their first few post-COVID outings being back on the floating petri-dish (public perception, not reality IMO).

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Junonia said:

No one wants to be quarantined on a ship. Once the ship is out of Florida waters, NCL could chose not to quarantine those who have proof of the vax, should the occasion occur. 

What port will allow a ship to enter with on-board infections?

Vaccinations are the only way to cruise without masks, etc.

Amazing the lengths some will go to in order to avoid a simple vaccination that has been proven to be both safe and effective.  If getting the vaccine is such an ordeal then stay at home. 

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 26

16 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I believe NCL will have a few cancellations if they drop the two shot vaccine rule, I for one

If people aren't required to be vaccinated I won't go on a ship.  It's not that I'm worried about catching something...it's that I won't spend money to wear a mask etc.  I can sit home and do that.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

I personally choose not to live in fear. There have been over 10k+ cases of Covid reported with the fully vaxxed, according to the CDCs website, and that number is likely much higher by now.  Viruses are a fact of life. Always have been and always will be. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

If people aren't required to be vaccinated I won't go on a ship.  It's not that I'm worried about catching something...it's that I won't spend money to wear a mask etc.  I can sit home and do that.

In my home state, I can sit at home, go out to dinner, go shopping, etc., without wearing a mask.   Why should I pay thousands of dollars just so I can wear  a mask?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Junonia said:

I think it's great. Someone had to stand up and be the first. It was not too long ago where the CDC thought they had jurisdiction over every private landlord in the US as well. A smart move would be to have a choice designated on each sailing. Of course, Florida law will not allow it, but those who want to be on fully vaxxed cruises can sail out of other states like Washington. 

Just for grins go compare the US stats with AU that went crazy strict. 

I hope NCL has some integrity and sticks to their requirement of being fully vaccinated to be able to cruise on their ships.  Imagine being on a cruise where being fully vaccinated against Covid is not required.  You are midway through your cruise and an announcement comes on that everyone is to be confined to their cabins due to an incident of covid.   That is not something I would be wanting to take a chance with while being on a cruise.  IMO there is a much better chance that the cruise industry will have a much better chance for successful cruising if they stick with vaccinations required.

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Amazing the lengths some will go to in order to avoid a simple vaccination that has been proven to be both safe and effective.  If getting the vaccine is such an ordeal then stay at home. 

IMHO...those who don't want to be vaccinated have a death wish.  

If I ruled the world, or country....vaccinations would be required for everything....all entertainment...all restaurants....even the supermarkets.  You'd get a card and swipe it upon entry.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

If I ruled the world, or country....vaccinations would be required for everything....all entertainment...all restaurants....even the supermarkets.  You'd get a card and swipe it upon entry.

I hear Cuba and Venezuela are accepting residency applications.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

In my home state, I can sit at home, go out to dinner, go shopping, etc., without wearing a mask.   Why should I pay thousands of dollars just so I can wear  a mask?

I think that the cruiselines would lose more $$$ because all the smart people would cancel.  I only wear one when absolutely required and am told to put it on.

• Like 4

Just now, Junonia said:

I personally choose not to live in fear. There have been over 10k+ cases of Covid reported with the fully vaxxed, according to the CDCs website, and that number is likely much higher by now.  Viruses are a fact of life. Always have been and always will be. 

According to the CDC over 170 million have received at least one dose and over 137 million are fully protected.  Ten thousand cases out of 137 Million.  That's one case for every 13,700 vaccinations.  The easiest, quickest, way to avoid living in fear is to get the vaccine.  

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Junonia said:

I hear Cuba and Venezuela are accepting residency applications.

Exactly what does that have to do with vaccinations?

USSC has ruled that vaccinations can be mandated. 

Do you get  your children vaccinated?

24 minutes ago, Junonia said:

How about a cruise for "unvaccinated only".

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

There is so much misinformation spread on the internet.  Absolutely false information.  No wonder so many are afraid of the vaccines.

• Like 2