July Cruisers

Can people who have cruises in July please post any information they receive from Carnival after today regarding their cruise?  We are scheduled for a cruise in August, but it will probably be another month before we hear anything.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Vista, July 3rd, 7 day. Check in 06-19 (2 weeks prior), Health assess 06-26. Waiting on stock credit to be applied. Sent by email, but will fax next week. Submitted a week ago.

This sounds like the first Carnival cruise to leave.  Surely you will have solid communication from Carnival soon.  I also submitted my stock information and have not heard anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Booked on Mardi Gras for 7/31. As of now, still scheduled with online check-in changed to 7/17 (2 weeks prior to cruise) and the health assessment on 7/24.

I am also on the 7/31 Mardi Gras cruise and my cruise planner shows the same thing.  55 days and counting.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I am on the Horizon 7/4 out of Miami. Unfortunately we realized they took our cruise and the next weeks cruise off of the website on Friday. The Galveston cruises still are available to book.  This is what happens every single time a cancellation is coming.  John Heald posted on FB today that he will have some info tomorrow. We will see!

• Like 1

Booked on Miracle for August 3rd. Online check-In is on July 20th. Complete Health Assessment is on July 27th.  Waiting on shareholder credit to go through. I would feel a whole lot more secure if I knew some Carnival ships were taking people anywhere real soon. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, amyjoy202697 said:

I am on the Horizon 7/4 out of Miami. Unfortunately we realized they took our cruise and the next weeks cruise off of the website on Friday. The Galveston cruises still are available to book.  This is what happens every single time a cancellation is coming.  John Heald posted on FB today that he will have some info tomorrow. We will see!

In my opinion, Carnival should have let you guys know 30 days in advance.  So, RCL is sailing in early July but Carnival may cancel.  Surely, they will let you know this coming week.  That is not much time to make other plans.

Everyone probably already saw the press release (I have been so busy at work, I didn't see it or my email until now).

We received this email today, saying we will get another email explaining options/protocols tomorrow (we are booked on the Breeze July 15h):

Dear Carnival Guest:

Earlier today we announced that we plan to operate our ships sailing from Galveston during the month of July with vaccinated guests. 

We realize this is not optimal for our guests sailing with children, but we came to this decision after looking at all practical alternatives. 

All booked guests on our Galveston sailings for July will receive more specific information on their options, as well as specific protocols on Tuesday.

• Like 1

That is great news for those who are vaccinated and sailing without children.  For those with children, at least they have an answer and time to make other plans.  There was no way to make everyone happy.  

Hopefully, they will make a firm decision with cruises out of Florida and other ports soon.

Not to bum anyone out, but itvis reported that the Governor of Texas will sign a law that is similar to Florida's banning a business from requiring a vaccine, so Carnival may have to change their plans again.

That's good to know, I had not heard that.

I agree, a lot can happen in the next month.  When I booked this cruise, I felt like it was a good opportunity to be on one of the first cruises starting back up, or an opportunity to earn OBC should it get canceled, so I'm okay either way.

21 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

In my opinion, Carnival should have let you guys know 30 days in advance.  So, RCL is sailing in early July but Carnival may cancel.  Surely, they will let you know this coming week.  That is not much time to make other plans.

IF RCL test cruised pass muster with the CDC.

Just received this email from Carnival at 5:04 pm today:

July 2021 Sailings from Galveston

Dear Carnival Guest:

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board for your cruise operating from Galveston in July. We are pleased to provide you with more information on what to expect so you can plan accordingly. 

Your cruise will operate with at least 95% of guests who will have had their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise.  Guests will be required to present proof of vaccination at time of check-in.  For your reference, any vaccine approved by either the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO) meets this requirement.  Our crew members will also be vaccinated.

By operating under these guidelines, vaccinated guests will not be required to wear a facemask or maintain physical distancing while on board.  Guests will have to follow all local guidance at the destinations we visit, including testing/health screening, mask wearing, physical distancing and organized/independent activities.  Due to operational considerations, all Carnival Vista cruises will operate a Mahogany Bay-Belize-Cozumel itinerary.

The CDC’s guidelines for operating a highly vaccinated cruise provide the ability to accommodate a small number of unvaccinated guests (children under 12 who cannot be vaccinated and exemptions as required by federal law) on restricted voyages, based on the total number of vaccinated guests on board.  We plan to accommodate a small number of exemptions, as allowed.  If you would like to be considered because a member of your traveling party is unvaccinated and meets our criteria, please click here to be put on our list for follow-up communication. Please note that there will be testing and mask requirements for the limited number of unvaccinated guests along with other restrictions for those guests granted an exemption.

We remain optimistic that requirements for cruising from the U.S. will continue to evolve and our approach to future sailings will become more flexible. However, at this time we must follow the guidance we have as of today. 

If you determine the time is not right for you to sail, please call 1-800-CARNIVAL, your Personal Vacation Planner or your travel advisor who can help you rebook for a later date. We have ship itineraries open through 2024 and, as previously communicated, we have extended your ability to rebook or request a full refund until Monday, June 14.  After that date, our regular fare rules will apply. 

Ultimately, we are focused and committed to following all guidelines, protecting public health, AND delivering to our guests, a FUN Carnival cruise vacation. 

Thank you to all our guests, travel advisors and other stakeholders who have been patient and supportive as we work through this process. 
  • Like 4

It feels good to know a ship will be sailing and that they have actually worked out the protocols!  Anyone on the fence with the vaccines can still decide to get Pfizer for late July or J&J for early July cruises.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

Yay! I’m so happy for those with kids under 12 that haven’t already canceled, gives me hope they’ll do the same for The Horizon. It’ll be interesting to see what the mask requirements for kids will be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lisa3635 said:

Yay! I’m so happy for those with kids under 12 that haven’t already canceled, gives me hope they’ll do the same for The Horizon. It’ll be interesting to see what the mask requirements for kids will be. 

I’m curious to hear what the protocols are too - I can’t imagine my 3, 6, and 9 year olds would be happy to be masked when none (very few) of the adults are. They are used to masks in school / daycare / etc., but I think this would be a different kind of strange…I’m also curious to hear what’s happening with Camp Ocean. 

We’re not booked until August, and I’ve already made back up plans, as it’s not sounding like an ideal time for cruising with kids - but I want to know what the plan is before we make a decision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I wonder if an announcement similar to this will address the August departures? 

My guess is they will make August crews vaccinated. Previously, Carnival sent emails out to July and August cruisers giving them the chance to get a full refund if they cancelled by a certain date.  I think they will treat July and August the same in each state.  Just a guess.  Hopefully, the Texas August cruisers will get an email soon too about the protocols.