RCL Announces no vaccines required

Living.the.life

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I certainly won’t go on any cruises that start in Florida!

Azamara Quest has four cruises out of Miami this winter. Unless they change port of deparure there will be few passengers willing to board under the current Florida legislation.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, uktog said:

I wonder if like some other lines Azamara will say no Under 12s (or 18s) in the short term. I was looking at our case data here in Scotland where on first glance numbers have shot up.  However over 50% of cases are under 18 so they are the problem group.  Virtually all are asymptomatic but have got picked up during school testing.  It’s also good to see less than 8% are over 55 aka the stage of the population now at two jags.  Further evidence vaccines work.  So a simple precaution in the short term is to say no children until vaccines catch up with them safely.  

And just to add to the complexity of the virus,

CDC reports higher than expected cases of heart inflammation in young men after second dose of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine.

1 hour ago, Aardvaark said:

And just to add to the complexity of the virus,

CDC reports higher than expected cases of heart inflammation in young men after second dose of Pfizer and Moderna vaccine.

I saw that though I am wondering in all things if there are other factors.  Interestingly my young son who currently is still recovering from a pretty bad bout of Pericarditis was given a Moderna vaccination on Monday here and has so far had no significant after effects

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

There is a huge thread on the Celebrity board about it and MANY experts posting. I freely admit that I'm no expert and my brain sometimes goes into Covid overload!  I don't know what to think sometimes. In the end I just stick to what I feel comfortable with and try and make the right decisions. We are in this for the long haul.  

Phil 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There is a huge thread on the Celebrity board about it and MANY experts posting. I freely admit that I'm no expert and my brain sometimes goes into Covid overload!  I don't know what to think sometimes. In the end I just stick to what I feel comfortable with and try and make the right decisions. We are in this for the long haul.  

Phil 

Thanks, Phil, I will check it out.

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks, Phil, I will check it out.

Enjoy Mackdogmolly. It's an amusing read! Lol 

BTW, I have to ask you how you came by your screen name?  My mum was called Molly, but she spelled it Mollie on her birth certificate. She was always Molly though. 

Phil 

On 6/11/2021 at 2:20 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Enjoy Mackdogmolly. It's an amusing read! Lol 

BTW, I have to ask you how you came by your screen name?  My mum was called Molly, but she spelled it Mollie on her birth certificate. She was always Molly though. 

Phil 

Whew! That was a slog! Lots of technical stuff over my head, but lots of misinformation too. Not to mention unsubstantiated blaming of the victims! 

Re my screen name: Mack is my husband’s last name and Molly was our dear old dog (now deceased). My given name is Betsey, after my maternal grandmother. My mother was supposed to be a Betsey too, but my grandfather put Bessie on the birth certificate (after his pet name for my grandmother). She hated it and was always known as Betty. Probably more information than you wanted! 😂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Whew! That was a slog! Lots of technical stuff over my head, but lots of misinformation too. Not to mention unsubstantiated blaming of the victims! 

Re my screen name: Mack is my husband’s last name and Molly was our dear old dog (now deceased). My given name is Betsey, after my maternal grandmother. My mother was supposed to be a Betsey too, but my grandfather put Bessie on the birth certificate (after his pet name for my grandmother). She hated it and was always known as Betty. Probably more information than you wanted! 😂

Not so.  It's great to know the background, interesting too.  For some reason I thought you were a man!  i guess it was because of the "Mack".  i enjoy your posts.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, Rabo said:

The reason I care is that if a person who is not vaccinated comes down with COVID while on the cruise (through prior exposure or exposure during an excursion) everyone on the cruise can be affected. Remember what happened on the cruises (other than Azamara) at the beginning of the pandemic. 

And you think that the cruise ship cannot isolate them?  They're pretty good at isolating norovirus, etc.

I read where the 2 people who tested positive on Millennium were moved to a cabin on deck 2 with its own air circulation separate from the rest of the ship.  I was really impressed by that.

• Like 1

You're right.  I was taken for a man and when I posted once about LLP probably bringing back the chocolates on the pillow, (which she did) because women like chocolate.  I was told by someone that it was a sexist remark!  The remark was subsequently removed by the moderator and I put the poster on my ignore list.  End of problem!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I was told by someone that it was a sexist remark!  The remark was subsequently removed by the moderator and I put the poster on my ignore list.  End of problem!

I have a long list of people on ignore on the board you are talking about. I'm not sure if that is a reflection of what I post or what some are like there! Lol 

Phil 

"In a statement released late Thursday, the line said passengers who don’t provide evidence of a vaccine for COVID-19 when boarding the 3,934-passenger Freedom of the Seas in Miami will not have access to all the ship’s activities. They’ll also face extra requirements when it comes to COVID-19 testing and mask-wearing."

"Among the restrictions that unvaccinated passengers will face:

-- They will not be able to sign up for My Time Dining in the ship’s main dining room — the type of dining where passengers can arrive whenever they want and sit with whomever they want. They’ll be restricted to a fixed dining time and be assigned to a designated area specifically for unvaccinated passengers.
-- They will not be able to participate in some activities.
-- They will not be able to access all venues.
-- They will not be able to attend certain performances of theater shows that will be restricted to vaccinated passengers only."

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-miami-cruise-unvaccinated-restrictions/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1