Caribbean flights

Fossie13

On 6/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, BrianI said:

If you travel on a scheduled flight to Barbados, then you have to go through immigration and collect your luggage in the terminal.

If you travel on a P&O charter flight you come straight of the plane onto a fleet of buses to take you straight to the ship. You do not enter the terminal. Your luggage follows behind and gets delivered to your cabin later. This is one benefit of a charter flight.

Brian

Not true we travelled with Virgin on a scheduled service and they kept the luggage separate and therefore we transferred direct from the plane to cruise terminal just the same as previous years when flying with TUI or TC

2 minutes ago, Old_tilly_billy said:

Not true we travelled with Virgin on a scheduled service and they kept the luggage separate and therefore we transferred direct from the plane to cruise terminal just the same as previous years when flying with TUI or TC

I guess that's possible if P&O have booked a large number of seats, but would not be the case if you were travelling just as a couple. 

On reading this thread I'm sure P&O will allow you to choose a scheduled flight if you book it through them , as they offer the opportunity of adding a hotel  before and after which means flying out on different time , ie scheduled. .

As for choice of airline, of course base that on firstly what you are willing to pay.

Secondly on seat pitch, which for scheduled airlines and for Tui find dimensions on SeatGuru.  Do NOT base it on luggage allowances as you can just pay for an extra case .

If you are going premium  I think Tui is alot cheaper than Vigin or BA  but Virgin /BA give you a  38 inches compared to Tui 36 inches.

If you want to splash out at moment BA has some very good deals in club, but check the schedule to ensure it the new club suite . However by next year old club seats will be quite rare. 

1 hour ago, Old_tilly_billy said:

Virgin has run some charters for P&O in recent years.

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

I'm sure P&O will allow you to choose a scheduled flight if you book it through them

I'm pretty sure they don't, as they will then be left with empty seats on their chartered flights.   

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm pretty sure they don't, as they will then be left with empty seats on their chartered flights.   

They do , if you look at Brochure and website,  you can upgrade. BA is P&Os official partner.

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

They do , if you look at Brochure and website,  you can upgrade. BA is P&Os official partner.

I'm sure you can, if you are on part of a world segment, but why anyone wouid choose to use BA is beyond me!

But the thread was specifically about Caribbean fly cruises,  and as far as i am aware, even if P&O arrange for you to fly independently  with VS to Barbados, your cruise fare will not decrease. You don't even get your APD refunded! P&O cannot sell your unused seat, so there is no incentive for them to encourage air travel.

If that is not the case, I am happy to be corrected.