Best under $2000 powerchair for cruising with a toddler?

kishisaint

I am the mother of an active toddler, and my RA is bad enough I need a powerchair for any kind of distance. Given that I am "too young" the insurance is fighting me and I will have to pay out of pocket, so I am looking for recommendations for a powerchair that holds up to at least 300 lbs (me + kiddo + gear) that is under $2000 USD. I am able to get in and out of the chair and walk short distances, but cannot use a scooter since I always need at least one hand free for kiddo.

Any suggestions? Any companies you love working with or that I should avoid? 

Many thanks in advance.

I have been using a "fold and go" wheelchair for the past year. It is quite sturdy, easy to collapse, and fits in both our prius and SUV. It may be slightly above your price point. It is made in the US and their website gives a good overview of how everything works. They also offer lots of add ons.

• Like 1

Slightly more than you want to spend. I've had a navigator XL by forcemech for over two years. It is a fold up heavy duty Power wheelchair. It's been on dozens of airplanes, through zoos, amusement park, Etc.  It has great battery life which is often a problem for power wheelchairs.

My other suggestion would be to check craigslist in your area. There are often used Power wheelchairs for sale.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 1:31 AM, kishisaint said:

I am the mother of an active toddler, and my RA is bad enough I need a powerchair for any kind of distance. Given that I am "too young" the insurance is fighting me and I will have to pay out of pocket, so I am looking for recommendations for a powerchair that holds up to at least 300 lbs (me + kiddo + gear) that is under $2000 USD. I am able to get in and out of the chair and walk short distances, but cannot use a scooter since I always need at least one hand free for kiddo.

Any suggestions? Any companies you love working with or that I should avoid? 

Many thanks in advance.

Have a look at the Airwheel 3

On 6/7/2021 at 2:21 PM, katisdale said:

I have been using a "fold and go" wheelchair for the past year. It is quite sturdy, easy to collapse, and fits in both our prius and SUV. It may be slightly above your price point. It is made in the US and their website gives a good overview of how everything works. They also offer lots of add ons.

+1

Another recommendation for Fold & Go

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 5:19 PM, Mosttoyswin said:

Slightly more than you want to spend. I've had a navigator XL by forcemech for over two years. It is a fold up heavy duty Power wheelchair. It's been on dozens of airplanes, through zoos, amusement park, Etc.  It has great battery life which is often a problem for power wheelchairs.

My other suggestion would be to check craigslist in your area. There are often used Power wheelchairs for sale.  

Yes, do check craigslist.  I just did that for my Tucson area and found several, many in the 350-500 price range.  For that price, you could afford to buy one and have it serviced for reliability at a mobility shop.

• 1 month later...