Would you cruise out of Florida if the sailing was allowing more than 5% un-vaccinated?

10 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Yea, I know.  My feelings are we will be forced to get vaccinated to do just about anything, at least right now.  I am hoping for herd immunity or things to calm down and vaccinations will not be that important.  I also wish they would take into account the people who have had Covid and the immunity they should have, yet everyone is pressured to get the shot.  I like to think of myself as a realist,  you can get any number of diseases which could be good or bad for you.  If we need to get shots to sail  we will, but will wait until the last minute.  If there had been more testing and the shots actually made a difference in getting Covid I might feel differently.  

Not willing to do your part, but expecting others to do it for you? Talk about selfish. 
Risking your granddaughter’s health (if it’s even true about the heart conditions) just for a cruise, 🙄 I’m going to keep my mouth shut on that one. Unbelievable.

9 hours ago, jrapps said:

This is the thought process that gets under my skin....people who hope for herd immunity so they can go on with their lives, but not willing to do anything to help society achieve herd immunity. Like it's someone else's responsibility.

You hope for herd immunity so vaccinations aren't that important? What do you think will get us the Herd Immunity???? Vaccinations!!!! Your thought process is stuck in a catch-22. Never mind the fact that you don't want to get a vaccination to protect yourself from Covid, or to help society as a whole get to herd immunity, but you WILL get the vaccine to go on a cruise? That is some messed up priorities. Either you believe in the vaccine, or you don't. It is your choice to get it, but don't wait for everyone else to do their part so that you can cruise without a vaccine. That's just selfish.

Very well said. 👍🏼

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Joseph2017China Have you been in any grocery stores in Florida or other shopping? They require masks.

Incorrect statement.  Here where I live, the mask mandate was only enforced for about 3-4 weeks last summer and not since then.  Even Wal-Mart, Dollar Store and local dept stores were not enforcing the mask mandate.   

• Like 5

Its a beautiful day up in NJ.  Since mask mandates were lifted for the vaccinated, lowest covid #'s in a while!  Definitely positive news and hopefully will affect vacation and travel plans.  It has been great to see smiles and smell after 15 months.

Now I think I answered the OP question before BUT in case I didn't, yes I would cruise out of Florida any time.  I wouldn't care if I was the only one vaccinated.  But will not do it unless the mask mandates are lifted.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@Joseph2017China Have you been in any grocery stores in Florida or other shopping? They require masks.

Masks are NOT required of VACCINATED people. Un-vaxxed still are required to wear masks. Having said that, with the "honor system" I sincerely doubt all people in these establishments are actually vaccinated. It is what it is. I'm vaxxed so don't worry at all about being around un-vaxxed people ON LAND.

• Like 2