Would you cruise out of Florida if the sailing was allowing more than 5% un-vaccinated?

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

He we have a brit whose only cruise options to date are sailing around in circles without ever leaving U.K. waters, or trying to figure out which countries are green, amber, or red so he can travel somewhere without having to quarantine when he comes back. He still can't fly to the U.S. to board a cruise, so in order to stop thinking about cruises that are currently out of his reach, he rationalizes that those cruises must be unsafe anyway.

What a story! I will say that I'm impressed by your knowledge of our protocols here though.

But your deductions were not quite right. I am desperate to get back to Florida and cruise again. I usually do so twice every winter, usually B2B, and the Med from Barcelona or Rome every summer, and I have missed it all like crazy of course.

In case you're wondering how; I'm an international flight attendant for a British Airline, so I get a few little perks when it comes to flights. (Which ARE actually operating btw.) Aircrew are exempt from quarantine laws but must take regular tests of course.

And of course, I'm fully vaccinated, not only against Covid, but all vaccines required for all areas of the world that I visit with my job.

You're right, I'm not interested in sailing in circles around the UK, I can't imagine anything more boring! So trying to plan my next wonderful cruises is proving difficult. I want them to be as close to normal as possible, but since I've heard that masks will be required if more than 5% of guests are un-vaccinated, it puts a huge obstacle in the way. 

I won't cruise if I have to wear a mask but I want to sail from Florida. I have good friends in Miami to visit when I'm next in town. (Those visits cancelled three times so far along with the cruises.)

The reason I asked the question is that I really am interested in what percentage of guests could be unvaccinated due to the recent decision by DeSantis.

I suppose what we all need to know is how to find out which sailings are in the no more than 5% group, and which are not. I've seen mention of particular ships being 100%, and others with no requirement (but lots of extra costs, processes, testing, and masks.)

There are some fabulous prices out there for late summer and I'm desperate to book.

This percentage thing is my only worry due to the chances of the unexpected occurring.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

We WILL get back to normal... 😎

38 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Don't care about unvaccinated pax - we are vaccinated.   If one decides to take a cruise, they are assuming all risks involved that come with cruising while the lab created virus is still around.   

You wouldn't mind wearing masks on a cruise? (Elevators, theater, etc.)

Edited by broberts

Looking forward to our 100% vaccinated Alaska cruise. Don't know if I'll sail out of Florida. Have a Caribbean cruise booked for 2022, but that's a long way off, and we'll see by final payment what's happening.

I'd think seriously about not going at this time.  I'd wait and see how it goes with other first.  I do feel much better having people be vaccinated.  It just seems so much safer and it seems like such an easy thing to do if you want to get together again in crowded situations (like on a cruise).

Our cruise in September is out of Seattle and to Alaska and, thankfully, their leadership is more sane than those in Florida.

Tom

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Tell me you didn't really say that...more sane?  We have already decided never to cruise Alaska out of that insane place...only Vancouver for us.

We did a b2b out of vancouver a while back.  It was great.  We drove to the port, stayed at a hotel and parked there for 14 days.  

12 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

What a story! I will say that I'm impressed by your knowledge of our protocols here though.

But your deductions were not quite right. I am desperate to get back to Florida and cruise again. I usually do so twice every winter, usually B2B, and the Med from Barcelona or Rome every summer, and I have missed it all like crazy of course.

In case you're wondering how; I'm an international flight attendant for a British Airline, so I get a few little perks when it comes to flights. (Which ARE actually operating btw.) Aircrew are exempt from quarantine laws but must take regular tests of course.

And of course, I'm fully vaccinated, not only against Covid, but all vaccines required for all areas of the world that I visit with my job.

You're right, I'm not interested in sailing in circles around the UK, I can't imagine anything more boring! So trying to plan my next wonderful cruises is proving difficult. I want them to be as close to normal as possible, but since I've heard that masks will be required if more than 5% of guests are un-vaccinated, it puts a huge obstacle in the way. 

I won't cruise if I have to wear a mask but I want to sail from Florida. I have good friends in Miami to visit when I'm next in town. (Those visits cancelled three times so far along with the cruises.)

The reason I asked the question is that I really am interested in what percentage of guests could be unvaccinated due to the recent decision by DeSantis.

I suppose what we all need to know is how to find out which sailings are in the no more than 5% group, and which are not. I've seen mention of particular ships being 100%, and others with no requirement (but lots of extra costs, processes, testing, and masks.)

There are some fabulous prices out there for late summer and I'm desperate to book.

This percentage thing is my only worry due to the chances of the unexpected occurring.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

We WILL get back to normal... 😎

Are you still on furlough or have you been working throughout the pandemic? 

I have worked in aviation since 1979 and took redundancy last November.  It's been really tough for the whole airline industry and my heart goes out to all my former colleagues in aviation. 

Hope you get to cruise out of Miami soon, I read online that USA and UK are trying to agree on a travel corridor 🤞

On 6/10/2021 at 2:10 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Were you originally and cancelled or were you never booked out of Florida?

As of today I am booked from two other ports.......not Florida...........

Allowing an unlimited number of unvaccinated passengers onboard increases the likelihood that we vaccinated passengers may contract an asymptomatic or mild, breakthrough case.  The vaccine is not 100% effective. That means our trip is ruined as we will be forced to quarantine. Is Royal giving refunds if one chooses to cancel booked cruises? 

Yes I would still cruise from Florida regardless of vaccination rate.  I am fully vaccinated and understand and intend to follow the protocols RCI requires.  I have a Freedom cruise to the Bahamas in September.  I would prefer a fully vaccinated ship but if it’s not, I will still go.  

• Like 1

I will not be sailing out of Florida.  We have been sent a number of complementary cruises....if its Florida, we opt out.  Very sad, I enjoyed Florida trips.  We are sailing out of NJ in October....very excited.

48 minutes ago, ShakeDaddy said:

With 100% vaccinated cruises being offered by Celebrity, NCL, Princess etc., why would you want to go on a vaccine compromised RCCL Cruise?      

Because they understand and willing to live with the risk?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

🙄 Do you know for a fact that fully vaccinated will not be required to wear a mask on a cruise?

I'm not interested otherwise.

Everyone cruising in the near future wishes RCCL would publish an answer to this.  I'm glad we don't have anything booked until January 🙂

On 6/10/2021 at 2:10 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Were you originally and cancelled or were you never booked out of Florida?

For next years cruises I was never booked it Florida...don't intend to any more plenty of other ports closer to home............

• Like 1