Islands COVID rules

With some islands requiring COVID vaccinations I was wondering how that would affect all of us. I was told that you don’t have to worry. If there are non-vaccinated people on board, the ship won’t be allowed to dock. (Cruise Law) So right now I’m looking over cruises to see with non-docking, which one would actually be worth the time and money. I really don’t want to spin around the ocean for a week. Can we really expect a normal cruise so soon.

Just now, queeniemi said:

With some islands requiring COVID vaccinations I was wondering how that would affect all of us. I was told that you don’t have to worry. If there are non-vaccinated people on board, the ship won’t be allowed to dock. (Cruise Law) So right now I’m looking over cruises to see with non-docking, which one would actually be worth the time and money. I really don’t want to spin around the ocean for a week. Can we really expect a normal cruise so soon.

Lots of people would love to spin around the ocean for a week 🙂

There are so many things still up in the air and I'm sure over the next few months things will be settling down and, if we can keep from getting outbreaks on the ship, accompanied by terrible press/news and everyone using amazing hyperbole, etc., then they may continue to relax some of the rules and people will feel safer.

I have friends in other countries and their general impression of Americans is not good.  We look like a crazy mixed up lot to them.  I don't blame some islands from being a little apprehensive.  It must be a conundrum because they desperately need the business, but if an outbreak happens because of careless cruisers it will really affect them a lot for a long time to come.

Baby steps...

Tom

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

I’ve mentioned island and restrictions a few times now. Getting ships back to sea is only part of issues the lines are facing. 

To visit the Bahamas, you need one of their Health Visa and you have to pay for their COVID insurance to set foot in the country (also a negative PCR test or vaccination card). 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

To visit the Bahamas, you need one of their Health Visa and you have to pay for their COVID insurance to set foot in the country (also a negative PCR test or vaccination card). 

Does the COVID insurance cover quarantine expenses if you test positive of is it only for medical treatment?

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

All this getting there on a plane can’t imagine they will just let a ship load of people in to roam about for a few hours

Edited by Midwestgal