Grand class, just a ponder

martinitime1

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

Right, everyone is hoping to be on a ship with even more passengers when visiting Alaska ports, Caribbean ports, etc.

The bigger the ship, the less ports it can go to. But they can all do a Princess Cays, St. Maarten and St. Thomas itinerary.

I see the way you are thinking but statistically the most popular ship based on numbers of passengers was RMS Queen Mary which did a transatlantic voyage with 15,740 passengers on board, that is popular. A world record which will likely never be beaten.

Regards John

57 minutes ago, brisalta said:

The quality of the food varies from ship to ship depending on who is the executive chef of the ship.

For a long time the Grand Princess had the best executive chef in the fleet. Last time I was on the Grand Princess the usual executive chef was on leave and the food was not quite as good as it had been previously.

Only Princess knows which executive chef will be on each ship once sailing starts up.

I did notice some changes even in the Crown Grill were we often eat, suspect your comment about executive Chef may be the issue.  Put I can tell you when my husband wanted his sea bass simply frying plain in the Crown Grill and asked to speak to the Chef,  the staff tried to fool my dh that a young kid was the chef, when it did not work they sent the real deal to talk with my husband.  Very nice guy, he insured my dh got his sea bass the way he liked it every night we went to the Crown Grill.   Now that is service that keeps us coming back to Princess. 

7 minutes ago, john watson said:

I see the way you are thinking but statistically the most popular ship based on numbers of passengers was RMS Queen Mary which did a transatlantic voyage with 15,740 passengers on board, that is popular. A world record which will likely never be beaten.

Regards John

But that was a free cruise for the passengers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Right, everyone is hoping to be on a ship with even more passengers when visiting Alaska ports, Caribbean ports, etc.

The bigger the ship, the less ports it can go to. But they can all do a Princess Cays, St. Maarten and St. Thomas itinerary.

This is what we like about Oceania. The Riviera is about 750 ft. long. You get fabulous food, al restaurants are included except La Reserve(which pairs wine with a glorious tasting menu). You have about 1250 pax total. Close to a 1 to 1 staff pax ratio. Staff, truly professional can be a bit aloof, while we've found Princess staff to be the most friendly by far of all cruise staff we've met. We have a 14 night trip next Jan(we hope!)2023 we've booked both a 11 day(it's really 10, because they count return day as a full day)on the Equinox and a full 14 day trip on the Emerald. We can only do one, but there's plenty of time to decide which one. Each has it's advantages or disadvantages.

" RMS Queen Mary which did a transatlantic voyage with 15,740 passengers on board, that is popular."

15,740 passengers on the Q.M. wasn't because it was "popular", it was because it was a WWII troop transport ship, The Grey Ghost.

1944 ... R.M.S. Queen Mary | Queen mary ship, Queen mary, Queen mary ii

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

" RMS Queen Mary which did a transatlantic voyage with 15,740 passengers on board, that is popular."

15,740 passengers on the Q.M. wasn't because it was "popular", it was because it was a WWII troop transport ship, The Grey Ghost.

1944 ... R.M.S. Queen Mary | Queen mary ship, Queen mary, Queen mary ii

Nice to see the "actual" event. I always hate when 99% of the story is left out. Really slants the truth. I could never imagine 15000+ having a good time on any ship.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 11:10 AM, Astro Flyer said:

But I agree with LACruiser88…different strokes for different folks when if comes to choosing a ship. 👍

Who is this "Astro Flyer" person???? :-)