Barcelo Maya Riviera - LIVE - June 20-28

Saint Greg

A few minutes ago. A guy that looked like a bag loader came on the plane and walked to the back. 

Now they made an announcement that we have a couple late bags and they want to make sure all of the luggage makes it to Cancun.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

5:10 back down by the gate. Everything is still closed.

975CBE6C-71F6-463A-9CDC-F7D3066053FB.jpeg

My sister in law used to be the general manager of all the Hudson News stores at Hopkins airport. Their open and closing hours were dependent on airline flight times. As long as there was even one flight departing or arriving, they kept at least one store in whichever concourse the flights were active in open, no matter what time it was (she hated delayed flights, in either direction). Weird that nothing was open at your airport.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Seat for me. Seat for my bag. Seat for Harry. But if I want to lay down I’ll have to put my bag on the floor.

Or use it as a pillow 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

6:45 seatbelt sign is still on. Flight attendant comes on the  intercom and tells us to remain seated we’re going to be flying though some weather.

She comes back on and says we’re going to be going through some bumpy conditions in 5 minutes. 

The sun starts to come in my window. And most people have their windows closed. I don’t really want to move and close mine because then I can’t see out when the sun moves away. 

Headphones here gets really frustrated and holds up his safety card to block the sun. He could just look right. There’s nobody in his middle seat.

4B7C599A-3BFC-4CFD-AE38-8BC9594C227C.jpeg

• Like 2

It makes me wonder what the etiquette is. Am I obligated to close the shade for the benefit of others? Technically I’m in my assigned seat and the seatbelt sign is on and I can’t reach it. 

It makes me think of a story my friend that went ton Cozumel told me. He was trying to sleep on a flight and asked the person behind him to close their shade. They refused. He said he shoved his jacked between the seat and wall to cover the guy’s window. It shocked me that he thought the other guy was obligated to close his shade for him. 

7:20 Oh never did see any bad weather or bad turbulence. Seatbelt sign still on.

7:22 husband comes back. They make another announcement to remain seated while we go through this slight turbulence.

7:24 the seatbelt sign is off. Really there was no turbulence. Nothing that warranted the seatbelt sign in my opinion.