Cash on board

9 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

This was our M.O. as well. Also, as Canadians, there were several points some years ago where the f/x rate was extremely favorable, so withdrawing USD at the cashiers cage was actually a net-positive play! They have since closed that loophole, I believe, and they aren't offering CAD at par nowadays.

Our last pre-COVID cruise, we set up as cash account, and the only real "benefit" was the phone call we got from guest services when the account hit $500 and was frozen (paid off and unlocked with a single visit to GS). I will probably be providing my CC on our upcoming cruises and just bypassing the need to visit GS at all, especially on the last night when *everyone* is trying to settle their accounts.

My DH works swing shift and I have never been able at night. If I get 4 hours of sleep it's a miracle. With that said, I can go to GS while everyone is sleeping!!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 12:12 AM, Hogbay said:

Must be 🙃 we always use a cash account, have not owned a credit card for 15 years . The Credit card debt in the US $ 980.4 Billion 2021 , looks like more than a few have not payed them off , the points must be real important because the interests charged is mind boggling.🙄

If you pay the balance off each month there isn’t any interest. The problem is people charge more than they can afford. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

If you pay the balance off each month there isn’t any interest. The problem is people charge more than they can afford. 

Thanks, Renee ,I  retired at 55 .and doing my own projects ...never been soo busy 🙂

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

16 hours ago, karena1 said:

Same here, never carry a balance but we put everything possible on our CC to maximize the points. 

We use a bill pay program and all our cards are programmed into it.

When the statements arrive in the mail one click and they are paid.

No more postage, checks or interest.

We enjoy all the points and perks from the cards as well. 

11 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

We use a bill pay program and all our cards are programmed into it.

When the statements arrive in the mail one click and they are paid.

No more postage, checks or interest.

We enjoy all the points and perks from the cards as well. 

We get all our bills via email and I pay my CC the day it cuts my statement.  I never use checks anymore, either they are auto charged to our CC or I pay them online.

Same here but I still get the paper statement in the mail. I personally like keeping the paid printed receipt along with the statement. I do pay via the bill pay program on line also. As soon as I get an email from the bank indicating your statement is ready. I use a check for some company or person that does not take a CC. Few and far between. As for the Debit card. Never use it. Only for ID because my picture is on it. What I was doing and they stopped it. Every time I played the slots. I would always start with $100.00 never use the balance on the account. At the end of the cruise I would get the cash in the account. Why would I do that. To get the points on the charge card and go home with the cash to pay the card. Now they call that money laundering. They frowned on handing me 8 or 9 thousand at the end of the cruise.