What happens to a FCC funds applied to a refundable cruise that is cancelled?

Finally received my FCC (it only took 4 months and 7 phone calls to get). I have another cruise already booked for February out of Singapore and that cruise is fully refundable as I paid extra for that option. If I apply my FCC to that cruise, what happens if I cancel the cruise later? Will the entire amount, including the FCC amount, be refunded or will that amount be held back? And, if it's held back, will it still have the original expiry date (currently end of April) or will it come back with a new expiry date?

I have the same question but have not been able to get an answer.

My fear is once you put a FCC on a refundable deposit it negates the refundable deposit.

So ... perhaps do not apply the FCC until the final payment date when the cruise will only be subject to a cancellation FCC for the entire amount.

5 hours ago, gospelle said:

Finally received my FCC (it only took 4 months and 7 phone calls to get). I have another cruise already booked for February out of Singapore and that cruise is fully refundable as I paid extra for that option. If I apply my FCC to that cruise, what happens if I cancel the cruise later? Will the entire amount, including the FCC amount, be refunded or will that amount be held back? And, if it's held back, will it still have the original expiry date (currently end of April) or will it come back with a new expiry date?

Can't answer on the expiry date, but there was another thread that explained that the FCC remains as such and you can request a refund for the balance ex FCC.

If the FCC isn’t refundable (ie a CWC 100% FCC), you can’t refund it later, even if a future cruise is suspended.  If you have an FCC from a suspended sailing (the 125%FCC), then you may be able to refund it for a limited time immediately after the suspension (that has been the case in the past). 

If you voluntarily cancel, outside of final, then your FCC will be reissued for the original amount. The expiration date doesn’t change.

If you cancel inside of final, and your cruise is within the CWC eligibility dates, you will get the full FCC reissued.  You could possibly see an FCC extension there, since it would technically be a new CWC cancellation. 

If not eligible for CWC, (and you are within final payment) then you would be assessed the applicable penalties.  The remainder would be reissued as a new FCC. 

I hope that helps!

As JSMom2 says, once an FCC, always an FCC.  Otherwise, people would simply book a mock cruise and cancel it the next day to cash out.

The cruise lines are pretty good at keeping track of payments.  I've paid with several different forms of payment, and a canceled cruise results in each form of payment getting credit.  Which can be bad- like when you no longer have that credit card, for example.