Anthem currently in Crete, Greece - meeting with Harmony

Hi all,

I was on a cruise ship when that whole Covid thing began (March 2020). Almost 15 months later while on a non-cruise vacation I found Anthem anchored just 10 miles away where I stay! First cruise ship „in the wild“ for me since so long! I packed my drone (and my DW) and drove straight to a close point… stunned to see her floating in the water. 
What do you think would happen if I jump into the water and swim towards her? 🙂

She has now left and is heading to Souda where Harmony otS just arrived. I hope they will both anchor somewhere around so I can take more pictures…. And maybe try out my swimming idea 😉 

Edited by UniPac
  • Like 2

C55B7903-3008-4FC0-8F47-70DAA292F3C0.jpeg

What do you think why they meet? Moving crews? 
Maybe they hope to cruise from Greece before their planned cruises start?

Sorry for posting the picture as an answer, somehow it didn‘t work out in the original post.

Edited by UniPac
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, little britain said:

Anthem due back in Southampton June 28.  Her first cruise is July 4

I guess she will do about 6-9 knots to save fuel. Need to check how far it is to Southampton to calculate when she will leave this wonderful place. Won‘t stay too long I guess.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:32 AM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Qould be nice if the itinerary changed on the med cruise this year, since cant board in italy maybe HofS is seeing if she can port elsewhere.....

Where has it been said you can't board in Italy, and if so, how long before  you think you might be able to board a cruiseship there in your opinion?

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Where has it been said you can't board in Italy, and if so, how long before  you think you might be able to board a cruiseship there in your opinion?

I am sure it was on this thread. I just double checked rcl website and no cruises on Harmony out of Italy untill Sep.

48 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I am sure it was on this thread. I just double checked rcl website and no cruises on Harmony out of Italy untill Sep.

Is that a wishful target date by Royal Caribbean or has Italy said that is when the port will be open to board cruisers?