Cabin selection crapshoot on Rotterdam?

MizLizzie

HAL newbie here.  I have a hold on adjoining veranda cabins 4168 & 4170 for Rotterdam’s  11-3-21 sailing.  Can anyone give me an idea what these cabins  might be like, particularly the balconies?  (We live on our balconies.)  These cabins are in the aft-most bump out, and look be comparable to 4170 & 4172 on the Rotterdam.  The balconies are extra deep and appear to extend out over the kitchens.  I managed to book these quite easily on HAL after a couple of agencies were unable to score me anything comparable, so . . . are they duds?  Do they catch kitchen racket?  Odor?  Impaired view?  Can the balconies be opened onto each other?

And would anyone care to make odds on whether the Rotterdam will actually sail on schedule?  

TIA, and happy cruising.  

I believe you intended to say that Rotterdam 4168 & 4170 would be similar to Koningsdam's 4170 &  4172?

The only image I can find at the moment is KDM 4154 & 4156 which are similar staterooms but have extra width verandahs.

So Rotterdam 4168 & 4170 should be similar, but have verandahs that have the same depth but only half the width

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4154-koningsdam/

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4156-nieuw-statendam/

If you are in the first bump out aft stateroom, you will be directly facing the wind and when the ship is moving, you will not be able to use your balcony.  Any stateroom behind them will still have wind when the ship is moving but not directly in your face.

To escape any wind and enjoy dining on your balcony, choose an aft-facing stateroom.

11 hours ago, MizLizzie said:

HAL newbie here.  I have a hold on adjoining veranda cabins 4168 & 4170 for Rotterdam’s  11-3-21 sailing.  Can anyone give me an idea what these cabins  might be like, particularly the balconies?  (We live on our balconies.)  These cabins are in the aft-most bump out, and look be comparable to 4170 & 4172 on the Rotterdam.  The balconies are extra deep and appear to extend out over the kitchens.  I managed to book these quite easily on HAL after a couple of agencies were unable to score me anything comparable, so . . . are they duds?  Do they catch kitchen racket?  Odor?  Impaired view?  Can the balconies be opened onto each other?

And would anyone care to make odds on whether the Rotterdam will actually sail on schedule?  

TIA, and happy cruising.  

I was in the Caribbean on the Koningdam in January 2019 in room 4191...pretty much directly across from your room, only on the starboard side. My DH & myself, my brother & sister in law, and my father had 3 rooms, side by side by side, with our room in the middle.

The rooms were great!  DH is a very light sleeper, and there were no problems for him. Even when he'd take an afternoon nap, you couldn't hear anything.  We had no problems with seasickness either, but were pretty lucky with the weather.

Yes, the dividers can be opened. As soon as you see your cabin attendants, let them know and they'll open them for you.  The extended verandahs were awesome.  We would often spend the evening with everyone congregated on our deck, and there was enough room for all 5 of us to hang out.

I have a video of our room. Please excuse the quality, I'm a photographer, not a videographer!

L.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MizLizzie said:

Thanks, VMax1700.  I meant to say the Stadendam.  Those are all Pinnacle class?  Appreciate the links. 

Little confused as to what ship you are on, but the video I posted should work for all the Pinnacle class ships.

L.