Florida wins so Carnival can sail with kids

lobster1313

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Masks do work. What doesn't work is Americans complying with simple instructions.

Hey now BlerkOne, some of us Americans have no problem with following the instructions 😆 

But to your point masks are amazing at preventing the spread of disease and illness! A lot of people where I live say they haven’t been sick with even the cold or flu for over a year now. Including me 😃

• Like 4

Just now, BlerkOne said:

I am. An independent American and not some cult member.

Oh OK. So now, we're going from bad American, who can't follow simple instructions, to a cult member. Is that right? What cult is known for their inability to follow simple instructions? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

Only one that felt that way was NCL.  The cruiselines were only held hostage by the CDC not allowing children as an exception to the 95%.

Just one example: Florida and vaccine passports. Florida authority ends before the CDC authority runs out. Forget the 95%. Herd immunity isn't defined by a percent vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, bdever said:

Hey now BlerkOne, some of us Americans have no problem with following the instructions 😆 

But to your point masks are amazing at preventing the spread of disease and illness! A lot of people where I live say they haven’t been sick with even the cold or flu for over a year now. Including me 😃

We have to set our standards lower to the least common denominator, which include anti-vaxers and anti-maskers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Oh OK. So now, we're going from bad American, who can't follow simple instructions, to a cult member. Is that right? What cult is known for their inability to follow simple instructions? 

The lowest common denominator sets the bar for everyone.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Misinformation spread intentionally or unintentionally that masks protect the wearer. No, masks help protect other people from the mask wearer. Nothing is 100% effective which is why a multi-layer approach was and is needed.

Yes, my bad your right / it’s been others masking that protected me and likewise my masking to Protect others. Thankfully where I live 90%+ of people still wear masks indoors and outdoors too. A lot of factors play into this but I’ve personally benefited from masking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

We have to set our standards lower to the least common denominator, which include anti-vaxers and anti-maskers.

Name calling, and more name calling. How about "The Vaccinators vs.The VaxlessCultinators". LOL!

Just now, Radiioman46 said:

Name calling, and more name calling. How about "The Vaccinators vs.The VaxlessCultinators". LOL!

I offered before to call the unmentionables whatever they could come to a consensus on. There didn't seem to be any interest.

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Well, since people who wore masks and "followed the rules" still got covid, then blaming lack of following simple rules doesn't fly.  

likely from people who WEREN'T wearing masks, social distancing, or... you know the drill.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Well, since people who wore masks and "followed the rules" still got covid, then blaming lack of following simple rules doesn't fly.  

Sadly, very true. I hardly ever left the house, when I did I wore two mask, still got Covid. Admittedly, from a roommate that brought it home, but still, following the rules doesn’t rule out the unexpected. Don’t get me wrong, mask are important, regardless of the percentage, as well as other guidelines. But, the unexpected happens. Sadly. Forgot to mention, he was a store manager of a gas station, had the plexiglass partitions and mask were enforced by his employer. So, all the necessary things were in place. The only uncontrollable element were other human beings. 

Edited by Cruise Related
Context
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

What cult is known for their inability to follow simple instructions? 

Well when covid wasn’t the central topic of these boards there was constant posting about people unwilling to follow simple boarding Queues.  Whether or not you feel they are cult members is your own opinion 😏

1 minute ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Well when covid wasn’t the central topic of these boards there was constant posting about people unwilling to follow simple boarding Queues.  Whether or not you feel they are cult members is your own opinion 😏

Please direct that to Blerkone, not me. I'm not accusing anyone of being a member of any cult. LOL!

23 hours ago, LadyMac72 said:

Sure... you can get on the ship.  But here are the new protocols so onerous it will reduce the numbers of unvaccinated who sail - the PCR test 72 hours before embarkation, instant test at embarkation and debarkation, separate dining, separate shows, masks all the time they are not in their cabin. Throw in some more restrictions - separate seating areas around the pools, ships only excursions (that are for unvaccinated only and twice the price), instant tests when they come back on the ship. And charge them all for it.

Watch for it.  Sounds like a not-so-fun vacation.

Or if your Vaccinated, a very FUN vacation!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrMarc said:

Come on, you might not like reality, but at least face it.  The world is in a health emergency.  It will not be over until the variants stop and immunity is at a much higher rate , including for the variants.  Yes, things are better, but it really would not take much to push us the other way if we ignore the situation.

After reading everything up to this point I just want to saw that we do not need to be worried about Covid. Chances are that everyone will get it at some point, even if vaccinated. Covid is here however it got here and it is not going away. There will be variations of it forever. We have learned a lot in how to deal with it and in every case it's not as hard to manage as the media would have you believe. Cruise on and live life in pursuit of hapiness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One of my good friends and his wife both wore masks faithfully due to their jobs dealing with large volume of people and stayed covid free, until a visit from the grand kids. Both required hospital stays but survived. Makes me wonder how many other mask wearers caught it this way?

1 minute ago, DD fun said:

One of my good friends and his wife both wore masks faithfully due to their jobs dealing with large volume of people and stayed covid free, until a visit from the grand kids. Both required hospital stays but survived. Makes me wonder how many other mask wearers caught it this way?

Were the grand kids masked? Did the grandparents remove their masks when to grand kids visited? Masks aren't to protect the wearer, but to protect others from the wearer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Please direct that to Blerkone, not me. I'm not accusing anyone of being a member of any cult. LOL!

Oh, I thought you believed BlerkOne was calling you a cult member from your reply.  You even alluded to some cult not following simple instructions.  Of course I do follow simple instructions from people in authority.  If I don’t agree with their decisions, as an American I have the right to vote and help make change.  Not like I’m going to storm the CDC HQ to make my point.

1 hour ago, monykalyn said:

so bad people=no masks so all those "good people" who got covid while 100% compliant were what? just unlucky?

Way way easier to blame "bad people" than simple fact an AIRBORN virus wasn't going to be stopped by a simple mask. period. And why did those "bad people" not get flu either? Why did the "good people" STILL go through a viral peak (ie the perfect calfornia under the god known as Newsom?) Ventilation does wonders to disperse virus though. Guess what cruise ships did? Upgraded ventilation. See they learned from last year, updated their ships. CDC however insists on staying in March 2020.

The debate is pointless. As the discussion evolves and we continue to learn new evidence, the same bunch is stuck up on the same points and emotions. A federal judge threw out the order because there isn't this wealth of evidence the safety crew pretends there is. The same arguments will continue like nothing has changed.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Misinformation spread intentionally or unintentionally that masks protect the wearer. No, masks help protect other people from the mask wearer. Nothing is 100% effective which is why a multi-layer approach was and is needed.

Just because the mistruth about the mask protecting the wearer ran wild existed, doesn't make the "real reason" anymore effective. If you want to hang your hat that it stopped people from coughing and sneezing into each other's mouths, then so be it. 

59 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

Sadly, very true. I hardly ever left the house, when I did I wore two mask, still got Covid. Admittedly, from a roommate that brought it home, but still, following the rules doesn’t rule out the unexpected. Don’t get me wrong, mask are important, regardless of the percentage, as well as other guidelines. But, the unexpected happens. Sadly. Forgot to mention, he was a store manager of a gas station, had the plexiglass partitions and mask were enforced by his employer. So, all the necessary things were in place. The only uncontrollable element were other human beings. 

But many are glad to tell you how much "better" we did. Let's not pretend like everyone who got COVID wasn't around people masked all day. We saw a video of a mask blocking a sneeze. Therefore, it is proof.

We were all scientists until the CDC admitted it was in aerosol form. Then we became bleeding hearts because the facts weren't on our side anymore.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

It's difficult for them to say that masks had an impact on the spread of the virus when the virus goes right through the masks and the virus spread in places with strict mask requirements and lockdowns.  I don't think they have conclusive data that shows that the places with strict mask requirements had less cases of covid than places where masks requirements weren't so strict.   The judge even mentioned the CDC's own study that showed masks had little impact on the spread of the virus.

It is not, and never has been about stopping individual viruses, it is to decrease and limit the spread of small droplets.  Individual viruses do not create a contagious load, its the aerosols, which the masks are very good at decreasing.  And they have always said it was not perfect, just a barrier to help prevent spreading.  Then you add social distancing as another "hurdle" that the virus has to go over to spread. If you want to see if it works, put a mask on, put your hand in front of it and blow air out.  Now do the same thing without a mask.  You just proved that masks help to stop the spread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radiioman46 said:

That's all some ppl have. Just trash Americans. LOL!

This is not trashing Americans, it's simply true.  We, as a society, tend to think more about ourselves than those around us and are naturally rebellious when compared to other societies.  A great example is the temper tantrum people are throwing about wearing a mask.  It is not a great burden, but people have no problem lying about medical conditions to get around wearing one, or simply not wearing it.  And you can explain the logic of the masks a thousand times, but they won't care because the CDC is evil an they read something on the internet. These are facts, the only opinion is that masks are not a big deal, but they are not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

First, it was never claimed that they were perfect.  Second the only way we know whether or not someone actually wore a mask all the time is from self reporting.  Think about that for a moment, then tell me how reliable that data is.

7 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Even though FL and DeSantis won, I don't think the cruise lines are dumb enough to not accept some protocols voluntarily. Here are the points that I think will be good or the path I would take,

• If you voluntarily provide covid vaccine information, you will not need to have routine health checks: temperature, mid-cruise PCR test, and debarkation PCR test. If you do not provide the voluntary information, you accept the cost of the testing to be added to your S&S Account. The passengers can take the receipt of payment to their private insurance for reimbursement as they see fit.
  • Reasonable distancing where possible.
  • Children under 12 can sail, but see the first bullet point. 
  • Passengers can take independent shore excursions but must adhere to in country laws/rules for distancing, masks, etc.

MSc cruises is requiring everyone get a rapid test before boarding. Unvaccinated must by insurance. Everyone wears a mask indoors. No masks required outdoors by anyone. The protocols are fine with me. It’s better than my land trips and theme park vacations I took over the last year. I’m not sure if these protocols came out before or after the judges decision or how long they’ll be in place.