Window Suite vs Vista Suite on Grand Princess

heathriel

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was referring to the Regal Class ships (Sky/Enchanted/Discovery) or are they in a class by themselves?

You are correct; all the ships you mentioned are part of the Royal Class category.  Have a wonderful day.  

• Thanks 1

A search of my posts will demonstrate our past LOVE for the 3 (now 2) ships with deck 6 WS's.  We've sailed them often and never really missed the balcony that DW nearly never uses.  We're sanctuary fans and get our outdoor time there.  There are many great features, typically great steward service, and fantastic access to atrium features and lounges.

That said, we were on Grand, in a WS for the cruise to Travis last February.  We were confined to cabins for 5 days, and for the prior 2 days out door decks were fully closed due to weather making it 7 days between breaths of fresh air.  The big suite made a difficult situation much easier to weather, but being closed in against our will is an experience we'll never forget.

We will cruise again, and in fact are booked twice on Grand in '22.  Neither time however did we choose our beloved WS though both bookings had availability at the time we booked.  I don't say we never will, but now, 14 months later, that is still our state of mind.  Perhaps a series of 'normal' cruise experiences will blunt the memory - who knows.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, heathriel said:

No, but I've found that the air filters they have installed in the last update have done phenomenally well.

It's like a night and day difference.

My sailing where the smoke was a big problem was the first two weeks of August 2019.  That was after the Grand’s last refurbish Mar 2019. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rhblake said:

While you may have already sen these, the 2 short videos are from our stay in F307 on the Grand Princess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Tu-gcJrd8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHwFRg0abM

We had no problem with either smoke or noise.

The person who created these youtube videos is a Window Suite convert.  Met them on a previous cruise and .... Didn't take much talking into.  One visit to my suite and they were convinced.