Parring down toiletries

lhsail

On 9/6/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mum2Mercury said:

Could be worse.  I'm suffering from an odd medical condition right now (thankfully temporary) that can change your tastebuds.  My mint-toothpaste now tastes like "brown with salt".  No, I don't exactly know what "brown" is or what it tastes like, but that's what I think every time I brush my teeth now.  Weird, I know.  

Not weird.

I’m a synesthete, and a few colors and tastes cross for me. 

Sounds like you lost the sweet sensors, and you get to taste all the various lab chems.

21 hours ago, Truepeacenik said:

Not weird.

I’m a synesthete, and a few colors and tastes cross for me. 

Sounds like you lost the sweet sensors, and you get to taste all the various lab chems.

Interesting.  What you say is entirely possible.  

On 6/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, slidergirl said:

I'm 67 and I don't camouflauge.

I'm 76 and earned every one of these but still....

I definitely "repackage" face moisturizer.

• Like 1

I just came off a cruise on the Rotterdam.  I went to Ulta because pretty much all my makeup had went bad and I didn't want to look haggy for the evening.  I'm not a huge user of it, so it totally PAINED me when the bill came $200.....I signed up for a credit card that I really didn't want because I wanted to save $40.  I can't even talk about how I felt in Ulta as a 62 year old woman!  LOL, I felt like a fish out of water trying to even find what I wanted!  It was right there with buying bras.....I don't care for that either! =P

What I really wish is that I could get *samples* like Avon or Mary Kay used to provide.  The Mary Kay stuff was neat because it was just enough, not to mention the sizes would be just enough to pack and not having it laying around forever.  I really wish I could get something like this.  I have looked at eBay and seen them, however you don't know how old that stuff is either.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, islandgirlejfan said:

I just came off a cruise on the Rotterdam.  I went to Ulta because pretty much all my makeup had went bad and I didn't want to look haggy for the evening.  I'm not a huge user of it, so it totally PAINED me when the bill came $200.....I signed up for a credit card that I really didn't want because I wanted to save $40.  I can't even talk about how I felt in Ulta as a 62 year old woman!  LOL, I felt like a fish out of water trying to even find what I wanted!  It was right there with buying bras.....I don't care for that either! =P

What I really wish is that I could get *samples* like Avon or Mary Kay used to provide.  The Mary Kay stuff was neat because it was just enough, not to mention the sizes would be just enough to pack and not having it laying around forever.  I really wish I could get something like this.  I have looked at eBay and seen them, however you don't know how old that stuff is either.  

Love traveling with sample sizes. I buy from Sephora and use my points for things like small lipsticks, skincare, mascara etc.

one of my new things is repotting my eyeshadow. I took a smaller old pallet and put all my favorite colours in it. Instead of 8 colours it now has 24.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, islandgirlejfan said:

Sephora does sample/mini sizes of a lot of things, and if you go into store, you can usually get a sample of foundation products, which is nice. 

• Thanks 2