Closure of suites lounge

3 hours ago, SullytheBFG said:

We are on the 7/7 from Southampton in Sky class due to a ridiculous upgrade offer being accepted 😁😁. I received an email from the concierge today which stated the Suite,Lounge was available to us.

If you are in an Owners Suite, can you get free drinks in the Suite Lounge?

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Limited selection and spirits limited to the happy hour of 4:30-8:00

I know this is a dumb crusade for me to fight but.... it’s called the “owner’s suite.” Sure us pions down in steerage have to pay for our drinks. But anyone staying in the owner’s suite should get free booze anytime they want. And the good stuff too. 

4 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I know this is a dumb crusade for me to fight but.... it’s called the “owner’s suite.” Sure us pions down in steerage have to pay for our drinks. But anyone staying in the owner’s suite should get free booze anytime they want. And the good stuff too. 

Why is that, it's just another suite. If you want good and unlimited, you have to step up to STAR class. 

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Limited selection and spirits limited to the happy hour of 4:30-8:00

A few years ago a bartender on Adventure or Explorer (I forget which), if you tipped him right, would basically go get whatever bottle you wanted (within reason of course).

Man he got tipped well that week 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

No offense but, I too am a pion, however I'm retired my husband has cancer and I have saved a very long time for this cruise to make it as wonderful as I can for my husband. Don't judge me just because I'm in an Owners Suite. Yes, it would be great to get free drinks, but I will buy a drink package for me and a soda package for my husband.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bourbon52 said:

however I'm retired my husband has cancer and I have saved a very long time for this cruise to make it as wonderful as I can for my husband. 

bourbon52, I hope this trip is a truly amazing one, for both of you.  🙂  I also pray your husband defeats cancer, resoundingly. 

• Like 3

On 6/29/2021 at 9:53 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I would at least qualify them with a, I think

My wife often tells me I should never use the words "I" and "think" in the same sentence:) Something about it being an oxymoron.

51 minutes ago, bourbon52 said:

No offense but, I too am a pion, however I'm retired my husband has cancer and I have saved a very long time for this cruise to make it as wonderful as I can for my husband. Don't judge me just because I'm in an Owners Suite. Yes, it would be great to get free drinks, but I will buy a drink package for me and a soda package for my husband.

The only person I would ever judge is me. And my usual judgement is “drunken idiot.” I hope you and your husband have an amazing cruise. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Now if they called it “Just Another Suite” I’d agree with you 🙂

Depending on ship, Royal Suite is a step above Owner's Suite. Still no free drinks

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They call it the owner's suite. Who owns it and does the owner ever actually use it?

And there's usually about 6 or more on a ship.

We have a couple of them booked next year

• Like 1