We Cancelled Odyssey reservation ... How long for My Cruises to be Updated?

We decided to cancel our sailing on the Odyssey and since it was a redeployed sailing (from Indy) we had the option to cancel by 6/18 to receive a full refund. I called on 6/17 to do just that and the CSR processed the request. However, the booking still shows in My Cruises and I'm still receiving promotional offerings for it as of this week - Royal Up and Cruise Planner "sales". Has anyone cancelled an Odyssey reservation and if so has it disappeared from your My Cruises? How long did it take for that update to occur?

Cancelling a reservation is new to us so not sure of the timing.

I take it , you booked directly through the cruiseline and not a travel agency?

Should have disappeared pretty quick, like less then an hour.

Try going to  Mycruises and click where it says add a reservation and see if it allows you?

Edited by Jimbo

I cancelled  one cabin when Odyssey was cancelled. It still shows up as a cancelled cruise on my cruise planner. While “lifting and shifting” other bookings to next year, I double checked with the CSR and was told that the cancelled cabin was indeed cancelled and refund was processing. 🤞!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMFTL said:

I have a cruise on Symphony in October that final payment is on July 4th.  Don't think I want to give them anymore of my money.  They can just apply what they owe me to that cruise.

Some have reported that their final payment date has been pushed out to wait for the FCC ... then it becomes a which comes first scenario - cruise, FCC or none of the above!

Follow up in case anyone else has this issue or encounters it by cancelling a sailing based on the new protocols.

Called and the CSR said that even though I can still see the sailing in My Cruises and am receiving promotional mailings that my reservation is indeed cancelled. They are keeping them active in the system with a notation that it is cancelled until the refund is issued.

Now which comes first ... the sailing or the refund?!? ... 🤣

46 minutes ago, Ubiquitous Cruiser said:

Now which comes first ... the sailing or the refund?!? ... 🤣

Back during the early days of cruise cancellations, they were not cancelling bookings until the date that the sailing would have returned to port...in other words, if your cruise was from 1- 8 January, the cruise would be cancelled on Jan 8 and THEN the clock started running on getting a refund....and it was taking from 45-90 BUSINESS days to get your money back.  Things had gotten better over the past few months but it seems that they are getting bad again.  I had booked one of the Indy→Odyssey→cancelled cruises.  That booking is still showing as being an Indy cruise even though I told my TA to cancel it over 2 weeks ago. I'm not even showing the "cancelled" banner that had been on some of my previously cancelled cruises a few weeks back.  To my knowledge, this cruise is still completely active in their system and the refund process has not even started yet.

So if things revert back to the early days of cancellations, it is entirely possible that the date of the sailing will come and go before you even start to get a refund.  I hope that's not the case, but it has happened before.....