Move up offer sent to ship?

Citymom92

Hi all-only have cruised a few times, and have never tried a move up bid. We are on the June 26 cruise out of St Maarten in a verandah and received the email saying we could bid on a move up cabin. The minimum bids weren't great, but I did end up bidding on the Family Verandah. Today I got an email saying that they were not able to "confirm my upgrade" to a FV, but have sent my request and bid to the onboard crew for review. They say they will see what last minute cabins become available.

Does anyone know what this might mean? I've only seen that usually bids are accepted or denied. I know this cruise is at a very low capacity (we were told no more than 50% but someone on the ship this week said that they were told only around 380 passengers are booked for next week). Could I still get an FV or is that not very likely at this point? As always, thanks for your experience! 

Just received an interesting email from celebrity for our cruise departing Saturday, June 26. The email basically said we’re not able to confirm your move up at this time but have forwarded your request to guest services on the ship. 
always before the email just said your bid was not accepted. Anyone have any experience with move up and ever received this email about forwarding the request to guest services on the ship?  Thanks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, judatt said:

Just received an interesting email from celebrity for our cruise departing Saturday, June 26. The email basically said we’re not able to confirm your move up at this time but have forwarded your request to guest services on the ship. 
always before the email just said your bid was not accepted. Anyone have any experience with move up and ever received this email about forwarding the request to guest services on the ship?  Thanks. 

Ha ha JINX I just posted the same message for the same cruise on the same subject! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Citymom92 said:

Actually I'm on the June 26th out of St Maarten-maybe your port is different. Still I'm dying to know what the email is about. 

Yes, normally I just get an outright rejection 😎

• Like 2

Add me to the list of recipients! I bid on three different suite upgrades. three emails received today. Two were the “sorry,  not this time” variety. But the third had the verbiage about forwarding the request to the ship. If we get it - great - if not we will still be cruising 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLMom said:

Add me to the list of recipients! I bid on three different suite upgrades. three emails received today. Two were the “sorry,  not this time” variety. But the third had the verbiage about forwarding the request to the ship. If we get it - great - if not we will still be cruising 😀

If we get upgraded, even though we paid for it, it might just be the hook I need to get my husband fully invested in cruising! haha

• Like 1

I had this happen a couple of years ago.   I believe it means that your bid amount was acceptable to them (winning bid??) but no cabins available for upgrade.   If by chance something opens up on the day of sailings you may get the upgrade.  If so you will be automatically charged and won't have the ability to reject.

When it happened to me I didn't get the upgrade either.   SS -> CS on Summit.

There might be a cabin that opens up because someone could not board the ship or make the trip.  Let’s say it is a Royal Suite.   It now opens up a lot of of potential move ups.   It could involve one from let’s say a inside cabin or to many moves  because of the domino effect.   It all depends on maximizing the profit.   If 2 or 3 cabins become available it could become more complicated.

Just because a cabin does open it doesn’t mean that they have to honor any move ups.  It may not be worth the extra dollars.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅