Here it is - New Health Assessment for Carnival Horizon 7/10/21

lazydayz

2 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Part of the cruise cost goes to the cruise line to handle these frivolous things, while we enjoy cruising itself.   If you want to help them do their job, perhaps they're accepting applications.

Seriously!  Some people see the worst case scenario in every little thing.  It must be hard for them to always be so negative.  Carnival has it figured out and I am sure will deal with any issues as they come and the cruising world will not come to an end.  I think if people are so paranoid of unvaccinated children, people cheating on vaccination cards, and Florida's executive order, they may be more comfortable sitting out cruising until next year when they are not so afraid of every little thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Seriously!  Some people see the worst case scenario in every little thing.  It must be hard for them to always be so negative.  Carnival has it figured out and I am sure will deal with any issues as they come and the cruising world will not come to an end.  I think if people are so paranoid of unvaccinated children, people cheating on vaccination cards, and Florida's executive order, they may be more comfortable sitting out cruising until next year when they are not so afraid of every little thing.

I think people are more afraid of the thought of being quarantined and of ports possibly not accepting ships. They are probably more wary of last minute changes about things like allowed shore excursions, vaccine requirements, testing needed to return to the USA, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I think people are more afraid of the thought of being quarantined and of ports possibly not accepting ships. They are probably more wary of last minute changes about things like allowed shore excursions, vaccine requirements, testing needed to return to the USA, etc.

Absolutely....thus a great time to choose not to go until the protocols fit their comfort level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Absolutely....thus a great time to choose not to go until the protocols fit their comfort level.

And part of the problem is the protocols seem to keep changing. One cannot know if they will be the same when they actually embark as when they book the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And part of the problem is the protocols seem to keep changing. One cannot know if they will be the same when they actually embark as when they book the cruise.

It is kind of fun - waiting to see what the rules are.  I booked early and often during the pandemic.  I am ok with being a guinea pig!  Just booked great cabins so if the mask rule is too onerous, I have an escape valve.  Only 12 more days until cruising!  

• Like 2

And the same answer still applies.

Honestly, none of our belly-aching or pontificating matters to anyone, least of all those making decisions at Carnival. We can like their policies or not; we can like how often they change their policies or not; we can like how timely they make decisions or not - but that has no bearing on what they do.

I think this is REALLY hard for those cruisers who have to have every minute detail of their cruise planned before they leave their house. If you are that person, then cruising at this time is probably not for you. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lazydayz said:

It is kind of fun - waiting to see what the rules are.  I booked early and often during the pandemic.  I am ok with being a guinea pig!  Just booked great cabins so if the mask rule is too onerous, I have an escape valve.  Only 12 more days until cruising!  

And be sure to report back on these boards on how things went, what was great and what was not so good.

• Like 1

And be sure to report back on these boards on how things went, what was great and what was not so good.

Will do.  I am looking forward to some of the changes (e-muster; being served in the buffet) and curious about others (masks, social distancing, access to comedy shows, other performances, etc.).  But in any event, we are ready to return to cruising.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Will do.  I am looking forward to some of the changes (e-muster; being served in the buffet) and curious about others (masks, social distancing, access to comedy shows, other performances, etc.).  But in any event, we are ready to return to cruising.  

And I am sure I am not the only one looking forward to your review and especially your observations of what has and has not changed.

BTW, we have had being served at the buffet previously on a HAL cruise, and it is really no big deal.