Here it is - New Health Assessment for Carnival Horizon 7/10/21

lazydayz

45 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I agree.  I doubt they verify anything other than looking at the vaccination cards unless a passenger tests positive for covid during the cruise.  My card has a sticker on it for the second dose that gives the lot number and name of the vaccine.

This is probably it.  There's no way they will be able to verify anything for Saturday departures because virtually all county health departments are closed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

And you think carnival will be assessing if a card is fraudulent ? Really? I went to fair park in dallas first day it opened. That site is now closed. What phone number do you propose I could possibly give them... and I doubt I'm alone. 

I'd bet you a drink, my card is all I need to board. Carnival will not be able to verify cards. I think its naive to believe carnival will be able to determine if 1000s of cards are valid. I bet others besides me dont have a phone number and even if I did carnival isnt calling to verify. As I said they will take a copy of your card. Later if there is a problem they have your card on file.

I'm reading how they board celebrity edge and rcl adventure and will be tracking vista next week, but so far no problems and I'm sure lots dont have phone number of closed vaccine sites. 

Will they ask for proof beyond a card? Probably not.  I also did a mass vax site will be closed in the next week or so, but the medical center that ran it has my vaccine information in my account, which is also linked/shared to my PCP, which is a different medical provider.  I've also been told that the state health department has the information (it's how they ran the 'get a vaccine, win the lottery' program here).  Either way, if I get there with my vax card and they say, proof please, there's at least two official websites I can access to show proof, even if the places are closed on a weekend.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

And you think carnival will be assessing if a card is fraudulent ? Really? I went to fair park in dallas first day it opened. That site is now closed. What phone number do you propose I could possibly give them... and I doubt I'm alone. 

I'd bet you a drink, my card is all I need to board. Carnival will not be able to verify cards. I think its naive to believe carnival will be able to determine if 1000s of cards are valid. I bet others besides me dont have a phone number and even if I did carnival isnt calling to verify. As I said they will take a copy of your card. Later if there is a problem they have your card on file.

I'm reading how they board celebrity edge and rcl adventure and will be tracking vista next week, but so far no problems and I'm sure lots dont have phone number of closed vaccine sites. 

We got ours from our county's health clinic. I believe they are closed on weekends, and since so many cruises start of weekends, the phone number would be pretty worthless.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

This is probably it.  There's no way they will be able to verify anything for Saturday departures because virtually all county health departments are closed.

They have the whole cruise to verify, and then some. I doubt they would, unless you give them a reason to verify.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We got ours from our county's health clinic. I believe they are closed on weekends, and since so many cruises start of weekends, the phone number would be pretty worthless.

Which is probably why they will only call the number if someone tests positive during the cruise.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

My hope is that there is a National Covid Data Base that is fully operational that can seek out the individuals with those "fake" cards and fake answers. Always Safety First The Let's Sail Away!!!  

Vista sails next Saturday,  in 6 days. Good luck with that. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

My hope is that there is a National Covid Data Base that is fully operational that can seek out the individuals with those "fake" cards and fake answers. Always Safety First The Let's Sail Away!!!  

I doubt there will be. But there could be a database of cruisers banned for life for fraudulent cards.

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I got both of my Covid shots at Ray Jay stadium in Tampa it was a federal site and it shut down months ago. Not sure how they are going to try and verify that. 

53 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

I got both of my Covid shots at Ray Jay stadium in Tampa it was a federal site and it shut down months ago. Not sure how they are going to try and verify that. 

There are supposed to be records at the state level. Maybe the Fed level for Fed sites. What if you received a tainted vaccine?

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

There are supposed to be records at the state level. Maybe the Fed level for Fed sites. What if you received a tainted vaccine?

I just got my sons official shot record from his pediatrician to submit to college. His Covid vaccine was listed and he got it at Walgreens.  They must be submitting these to a state database.

3 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I just got my sons official shot record from his pediatrician to submit to college. His Covid vaccine was listed and he got it at Walgreens.  They must be submitting these to a state database.

My doctor knew about mine, but I listed his name on the form so they notified him.

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I doubt carnival will do much deciding if a card is fraudulent. They are just going to accept it and make a copy in case its needed later. They dont contact anyone to verify the card. 

Something new from JH

We recommend you have the contact information (email and phone) immediately available of the healthcare provider or clinic site that issued the certificate, in order to validate the vaccination if needed. A vaccination registry site may also be used.

23 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Something new from JH

We recommend you have the contact information (email and phone) immediately available of the healthcare provider or clinic site that issued the certificate, in order to validate the vaccination if needed. A vaccination registry site may also be used.

This was posted to me previously and again I dont have any such phone number....luckily it recommended and not required.

Let's not make problems that dont exist.  If YOU have a phone number great. Recommended isnt required. I'm good but thanks. I havent seen a doctor in years and the place I got my shot is now closed. It's a fair grounds again. I'm sure there are others without a phone number. If I'm not worried about something not required, .. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This was posted to me previously and again I dont have any such phone number....luckily it recommended and not required.

Let's not make problems that dont exist.  If YOU have a phone number great. Recommended isnt required. I'm good but thanks. I haven't seen a doctor in years and the place I got my shot is now closed. It's a fair grounds again. I'm sure there are others without a phone number. If I'm not worried about something not required, .. 

^^^^^This. We got our shots at the Arlington Convention Center back in January & February. The Arlington Fire Department were the one's giving the injections, and Tarrant County Health & Human Services were the one's that sponsored/coordinated it. I'm not going out of my way to TRY to find a phone number, name, email address, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum for some reason that does not compute. What I have should be sufficient. 

• Like 1

They simply won't be able to verify most cards as the majority of cruises depart on the weekends.  In GA for example most vaccinations were controlled by the state health department which is not open on the weekends.  Others were dispensed at now closed pop up vaccination centers.

If they really wanted to verify the vaccinations, they would have people upload the information so they would have time. Even then, it would be an ordeal. I am sure they will accept the vaccination card as proper proof.  If there is an issue on the cruise for a particular passenger, they can always verify later.  It's another non-issue.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

If they really wanted to verify the vaccinations, they would have people upload the information so they would have time. Even then, it would be an ordeal. I am sure they will accept the vaccination card as proper proof.  If there is an issue on the cruise for a particular passenger, they can always verify later.  It's another non-issue.

Too early to call it a non-issue. We know there will be cheaters. The only unknown is how many.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Too early to call it a non-issue. We know there will be cheaters. The only unknown is how many.

Part of the cruise cost goes to the cruise line to handle these frivolous things, while we enjoy cruising itself.   If you want to help them do their job, perhaps they're accepting applications.

• Haha 1