credits

espresso68

Been waiting for months for celebrity to transfer my credits to the new cruise I booked for nov.21.Called my rep several times & said celebrity was working on it.

Final payment is in aug .Not paying a penny until I get my credits .Has anyone else had trouble.

In a word, YES.  Thank goodness for our TA!  We have FCCs from 3 cancelled cruises.  Celebrity issued FCC certificates.  Then, at one point, without our authorization, they refunded us certain portions of the FCCs.  Because Celebrity's accounting was skewed, I was under the impression it was refunds for taxes & port charges and excursions we paid for.  After many discussions with our TA, she spent HOURS with Celebrity trying to figure it all out.  Celebrity admitted that they should NOT have refunded portions of our FCCs so offered us "Goodwill" FCCs.  They also admitted that their accounting system was so overwhelmed with the FCC program for all of its passengers that our FCCs had to be re-calculated because of their error.  Our 1st cancelled cruise was in April, 2020 and Celebrity, our TA and ourselves JUST arrived at a decision for the FCCs in their totality as we want to apply them towards our May, 2022 cruise.  I know that May, 2022 is in the distant future but we decided to apply them now so it's all said and done and they won't be able to come back and say that they made further mistakes.  Thankfully, I keep impeccable records so after much calculation on my part, I'm satisfied with the end result but as a caution to everyone, make sure you don't get short-changed because that is a very real possibility.  Very frustrating.

I am having a real issue. We were booked on the Infinity for 19th July 2021 that was cancelled three weeks ago. We have rebooked at great expense to go on the Apex 17th July. We kept our original flights out to Rome, as we were flying out early and spend time in Italy before the cruise. Flights non refundable. We are now flying Rome to Athens to join the Apex and have booked new flight back to the UK from Athens 

My issue is that Celebrity have not and in my opinion have no intention of expediating the FCC onto the new booking.

I had to pay my TA in full for the new booking and they said they would happily refund me when the FCC is applied.

Four hours on the phone over two weeks and still no joy. Celebrity keeps pushing to just refund my at 100% rather than the 125% FCC.

Once the cruise departs the TA said that they can not refund and applied the FCC. 

If it comes to it I will have to take the hit and apply it to a 2022 cruise I have booked instead. 

Have had numerous problems with FCCs. Had one that took 2 months to get applied to a reservation.  It was applied in small credit amounts until the entire amount was used up??? Had two that were reduced in value as we were told they were not correct, although they were so we argued and we ended up with two more FCCs for the amounts they took away from the original FCCs rather than just adding it back. Had two FCCs that they did not apply the full amounts so we had a to pay a bigger final payment amount than we should have. It's been bookkeeping nightmare to say the least.  

I had three FCC certs left over and had to search for a cruise to use them.  Luckily I had a cruise cancel and =X= had a close match, so I booked direct before transferring to a TA.  The rep was able to apply the certs and emailed a new invoice with the new lower balance.  The FCCs were used as the entire deposit, and I had to paying nothing more until final.  It took some doing on her end to get the computer to cooperate but I have no indication that there will be any issues.  I get the feeling I'm in the minority being able to relay a satisfactory experience with FCCs.

Edited by marieps

After several problems with my TA I decided to book with Celebrity. I ask to Celebrity agent if I need to book with the same TA to use the FCC, the X agent on the phone tell me the FCC are personal and you don't need your TA to use them.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/future-cruise-credit

image.thumb.png.61775fe74054bebc07751d38a024db84.png

Edited by gerelmx

On 6/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Yes waiting on an FCC for several months.  Final payment on next cruise is beginning of Sept, I’ve been told they are working on it .  Hoping it is sorted out before final payment.  

Just give the original booking number when you need to pay and the and the FCC will be credited.

I was booked on one of the Silhouette cruises that was redeployed in March using a FCC from last year.  I was expecting to receive notification from Celebrity that my FCC had been reissued but never heard anything.  Yesterday, I decided to just try entering my original FCC numbers into my new reservation to see what happens.  Low and behold, they were accepted and the full value of the credits was applied to my new cruise this morning.  So, if you have an old credit that was redeemed before then cancelled, definitely try entering that again.