Anyone have a direct # for NCL flight dept?

Rick&Jeannie

Well, I finally got through to someone.  Let me first explain what my issue is:  They have us set up with only a 1 hour connection at CDG.  While I understand that their "system" says this is a valid itinerary...all the planets and stars have to align just perfectly for this to work in *normal* times.  Who knows what we'll be faced with now.

Anyway...as I suspected, NCL is being very hard-nosed about this saying that their determination is FINAL...no discussion!  I'm going to try and approach this from the Delta side.

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well, I finally got through to someone.  Let me first explain what my issue is:  They have us set up with only a 1 hour connection at CDG.  While I understand that their "system" says this is a valid itinerary...all the planets and stars have to align just perfectly for this to work in *normal* times.  Who knows what we'll be faced with now.

Anyway...as I suspected, NCL is being very hard-nosed about this saying that their determination is FINAL...no discussion!  I'm going to try and approach this from the Delta side.

CDG is a big airport.  Last time we flew through CDG (from Brussels so it was already in Europe, connecting to Korea) in late 2019, we had to go through security check again at the gate.  If there was no security check again, and your two gates are close to each other, and the stars line up, one hour is barely enough. 

I'd want to change it too, to have a big more time.

Edited by Middleager

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not sure I understand what you're saying... you said you booked the air through NCL but then it sounds like you "cancelled" the air?  Am I reading that right?  They'll let you cancel that with an appropriate refund?

If you're ticketed (and it sounds like you are) you can't cancel the use of the promo. You basically have until you're 75 days from departure to make changes, if the requirement that you inform them at least 75 days prior to departure of your desire to deviate your flights before and/or after the cruise is any indication.

The airline sets the minimum connection time, based on the airport.  Delta wouldn't have allowed the itinerary to get ticketed if it didn't meet their minimum connection time, and getting them to change it will be a fight for both that reason and because NCL "owns" the reservation.

How do I know?  A couple experiences here.  I once had a flight re-booked because I was connecting through ORD and when it was booked it met the MCT but things changed between booking and flying and it was determined that I would no longer meet the MCT since I was coming in on an international flight and the rail-based shuttle was not running resulting in needing to use buses that took longer.  Next situation - I tried getting re-booked on a post-cruise flight that was originally an 11 PM red-eye but because of the fare type NCL chose (or that NCL 'locked' the reservation) I couldn't change it, even at the ticket counter on the day of the flight.

16 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not sure I understand what you're saying... you said you booked the air through NCL but then it sounds like you "cancelled" the air?  Am I reading that right?  They'll let you cancel that with an appropriate refund?

Need to work on my reading comprehension, sorry about that.  I missed that you are already ticketed.  My circumstance is different.

21 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I would imagine that NCL knows about the connection time and will make sure you arrive at your destination in time to board your cruise. I am curious about your situation.

When is your cruise? NCL can make adjustments up until the time you leave so it's possible there'll be a change in itinerary. Also, having flown through CDG a number of times, I can say that 1 hour can be plenty. If you're not leaving the security area and are only flying within Europe, for example, it can be a difference of only a few gates (this is what it was when my wife and I went on our honeymoon). But even when I was flying back to the States, I flew from Milan to Rome and then used the "correspondances" signs at CDG to get to my US-bound flight in about 15 minutes.  If you booked through NCL then they'll get you there.

41 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is a post-cruise flight.

Thanks for providing that information, I didn't see that in your initial post. Not sure what the worry is, then. The worst thing that could happen is that you'd be stuck in Paris for the night. That happened to me once, too, and I had one of the best meals of my life at a little restaurant near the home of a friend of mine. But as I said, NCL will ensure you get home on time. I still don't know when this is, it sounds urgent, are you flying in the next 30 days?

No, I'm about 60 days out.  I'm just concerned that we will not be able to make a 1 hour connection.  Many people have "agreed" with me saying that 2 hours is much more realistic.  Some have even stated that there will be 2 security checks.  IF we happened to be on the same terminal/concourse then I would feel a whole lot better about it...but of course there's no way of knowing that information.

Really, my main gripe is that NCL even routed us through CDG at all when there is actually a non-stop from Athens to Atlanta with plenty of seats available.  They put us on a non-stop pre-cruise.  I'm sure it has to do with the whole bulk ticket purchasing arrangement...but I've learned my lesson; will never book this type of air promo again!  Princess let's you actually select your flights from directly on their website...

• Like 1

I've reached a dead-end,  Delta can't change anything (even though the tickets are booked and paid for) and NCL absolutely refuses to even talk about it it.  So...I guess I will hope and pray that 1 hour truly is enough time.  Thanks everyone for your input.

11 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No, I'm about 60 days out.  I'm just concerned that we will not be able to make a 1 hour connection.  Many people have "agreed" with me saying that 2 hours is much more realistic.  Some have even stated that there will be 2 security checks.  IF we happened to be on the same terminal/concourse then I would feel a whole lot better about it...but of course there's no way of knowing that information.

Really, my main gripe is that NCL even routed us through CDG at all when there is actually a non-stop from Athens to Atlanta with plenty of seats available.  They put us on a non-stop pre-cruise.  I'm sure it has to do with the whole bulk ticket purchasing arrangement...but I've learned my lesson; will never book this type of air promo again!  Princess let's you actually select your flights from directly on their website...

I can't really comment too much because our upcoming NCL cruise (which I booked with the included airfare) has us on a non-stop flight from DC to Miami and back. If I were you, I'd try not to worry too much since you still have 60 days to go. Things could change between now and then, no sense ruining your vacation by worrying about things that are two months away. If you were planning your own flights and could only get a connection with an hour to spare, I might be worried and trying to change it if I could. But since NCL is doing the planning, as someone else pointed out, they must believe you can make the connection or they wouldn't have booked you on that flight to start with. Also, consider our predicament: we might not even be allowed ON our upcoming Mediterranean cruise because the cruise line has been restricting their sailings to Europeans, and at the moment we're facing a 5-day quarantine in Italy because our connecting flight is in the UK. Things could be worse.

Best of luck and I hope you have a lovely vacation!

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've reached a dead-end,  Delta can't change anything (even though the tickets are booked and paid for) and NCL absolutely refuses to even talk about it it.  So...I guess I will hope and pray that 1 hour truly is enough time.  Thanks everyone for your input.

Other than the inconvenience, is there some reason you HAVE to be on the connecting flight that very day? As long as you're flying on the same airline from Athens to Paris, then Delta is on the hook to get you back to Atlanta. If you don't make your connection, they'll put you on the next plane to Atlanta and/or put you up in a hotel for the night + give you money for meals. That's what Air France did for me in 2003.

11 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

When did you get actual flights? I can see some cities but not times , does this mean I am not actually ticketed/ I want to add days at both ends.

6 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

When did you get actual flights? I can see some cities but not times , does this mean I am not actually ticketed/ I want to add days at both ends.

Once you're 75 days until embarkation you can make that change, after that you are locked in.  The deviation information is all detailed in the terms of the promo - https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Once your flights are ticketed no changes can be made.  Just having the cities listed does not indicate that the flights are ticketed.

6 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

I received all (set in stone!) Flight details just within 60 days.