Anyone recently on Adventure? Tell me about Freeport?

We only got off the ship long enough to shop in the little market place right by the ship. We bought some souvenirs, everyone was friendly and we just went back on the ship. There weren't many excursions to pick from onboard. I think it was a beach experience, with or without all-inclusive, and for the more adventurous, a kayak nature park tour. We could see the cab pick up zone but I think I read Royal is now requiring ship's excursions in port. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

@BirdTravels may have info.

We ended up at Pirate's Cove at Taino Beach for a lunch break. There were loungers and sand.... it would have been o.k. as a standalone beach day. The food was probably on the mid-low end of the beach food scale,,, but all of these beach lunches at Caribbean ports seem to be similar. The "open bar" was open if you wanted bottled water, soda, or rum punch. 

image.png.39ddda1b06c11c3028c4648d8d67ab8a.png

image.png.c8ea4373f3b9aaee118a1f3022529ba1.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We ended up at Pirate's Cove at Taino Beach for a lunch break. There were loungers and sand.... it would have been o.k. as a standalone beach day. The food was probably on the mid-low end of the beach food scale,,, but all of these beach lunches at Caribbean ports seem to be similar. The "open bar" was open if you wanted bottled water, soda, or rum punch. 

image.png.39ddda1b06c11c3028c4648d8d67ab8a.png

image.png.c8ea4373f3b9aaee118a1f3022529ba1.png

I wouldnt say that the beaches are particularly nice (weather is very OK as well). Was it at least warm out there? Its like on of those weathers when I hate going to the beach. In any case, I hope you had great time there and I hope it didnt rain 

Gold Rocks beach rivals any other Caribbean beach we have visited. Its gorgeous! Last time we were in Freeport we booked a private tour that included Gold Rocks beach, a tour of the Lucayan National Forest and lunch. It was a great day! Freeport does not get much love since the port area itself is not much, but if you get away from there Freeport has some nice things to offer (come to think of it this applies to a lot of Caribbean ports where the immediate port area is just an overdeveloped tourist trap).