What has happened to the Meet and Greets.

Can’t find where to sign up for the Meet and Greets.  Were they removed temporarily? Or are they gone permanently.

Edited by AnM&E
Spelling

8 hours ago, marco said:

We're going on a cruise the end of the month and on the "roll call" thread, we've already orchestrated one on our own.

We sail Jan 23 and have also arranged a quick embarkation day M&G onboard, followed by a trip ashore to a local pub.

• 3 months later...

If Princess then sign up in the roll call

We had a great Meet and Greet with over 6 senior officers & CD and 100+ cruise critic members on the Majestic Princess August 15th Alaska trip. 

Very few signing up for the Emerald Princess December 9th Partial Panama Canal cruise. Just 33 so far. Hope it picks up

Edited by Ombud

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/6/2022 at 3:57 PM, sunshinesusie said:

Come on Royal Caribbean, it’s time to bring back the Meet & Greet!

We sail next month. Royal (and other lines) are having trouble hiring staff to perform the basic duties, they do not have the personnel to assist with the M&G.  Once the staffing and pandemic issues stabilize I am sure they will return.  For now, a bunch of us have an informal meet-up in the Schooner Bar.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Travel R said:

For now, a bunch of us have an informal meet-up in the Schooner Bar.

I may be wrong, but, when I first joined CC there were either no or few formal M&Gs.  My first M&G was organized by a woman in our Roll Call group and me.  We had a good sized group that met several times during our 64 day cruise.  HAL supplied no "goodies", I don't think, other than reserving a section of the Crow's Nest for our use.  This was in 2002.  

On 5/28/2022 at 3:49 PM, rkacruiser said:

during our 64 day cruise

I cannot even process that.  Maybe, one day . . . . .

"Is this heaven?  No, it's [a 2 month voyage on a cruise ship]."

RCI has only done this formally the last few years.  However, as far as I know, it is only once per cruise (if there are a minimum of 25 participants).

3 hours ago, Travel R said:

RCI has only done this formally the last few years.  However, as far as I know, it is only once per cruise (if there are a minimum of 25 participants).

This is typical for a 7-10/11 day cruise.  Cruise lines have varying requirements for M&Gs.  The largest and most elegant M&G that I ever attended was on MSC Meraviglia that was held in a large lounge that overlooked the mid-ships pool (a lovely venue).  There must have been 100+ guests, the Captain and Hotel Director was in attendance and one could have your picture taken with them, and fancy canapes were served (some of which included Caviar), Prosecco (or whatever one wished to drink) flowed with soft live piano music providing background music.  

64 days does seem like a long time to be on a ship for some, but, some of us really enjoy it.  My longest was 113 days.  

I enjoyed the quote you have at the end of your signature.  100% agree!