Haugesund?

We've booked a 14 night Norwegian Fjords cruise that goes all the way to Northcape.

The first port is Haugeson, and I'm having a hard time finding much info on this port.

If you've been there, what did you do?, what did you like?, any other thoughts would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Mary

You might have more luck if you spelled the name correctly; it is Haugesund. (Sorry, I’m not trying to belittle you.) There is a bit of information on Trip Advisor, and a few things came up with a simple internet search. Hopefully, you will also find someone who has been there to help. 

11 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

You might have more luck if you spelled the name correctly; it is Haugesund. (Sorry, I’m not trying to belittle you.) There is a bit of information on Trip Advisor, and a few things came up with a simple internet search. Hopefully, you will also find someone who has been there to help. 

You know, I started to spell it correctly then for some reason checked something else, and "corrected it" to what is the wrong spelling ..... and now I can't fix it.    Might have to delete this thread and start again.

18 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Might be Haugesund - located in southern Norway. IMO not one of the most interesting ports in Norway.

More details and the official Haugesund site

These are very helpful -- thank you.

I've been searching, but found neither of these.... and yes, it didn't really look like the most interesting port.....

Mary

2 hours ago, Mary loves to travel said:

You know, I started to spell it correctly then for some reason checked something else, and "corrected it" to what is the wrong spelling ..... and now I can't fix it.    Might have to delete this thread and start again.

Go to the first post. At the top right are 3 dots, click there and select report this post, and ask the moderator to correct the title. 

• Thanks 1

• Host Kat changed the title to Haugesund?
On 7/5/2021 at 6:28 PM, gnome12 said:

Go to the first post. At the top right are 3 dots, click there and select report this post, and ask the moderator to correct the title. 

Ta daa! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I wanted to come back and let people know what we did in Haugesund 🙂      We took an excursion offered by Princess "Ryvarden Lighthouse Walk".     It was lovely!    And not easily done on one's own.   First the bus drove about a half hour north through beautiful countryside to Ryvarden, on the coast.   During the drive, we learned a lot about farming and Norwegian folk stories.    At Ryvarden, we had a beautiful hike to the lighthouse, with stunning views.    At the lighthouse, we were treated to fresh Norwegian waffles & coffee, with time to walk around.

Then, the hike back, a short tour of the town (since no one had another appointment, the driver & guide decided to add a little extra touring).

All in all a lovely day.

Best,

Mary

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 9:36 AM, Mary loves to travel said:

I wanted to come back and let people know what we did in Haugesund 🙂      We took an excursion offered by Princess "Ryvarden Lighthouse Walk".     It was lovely!    And not easily done on one's own.   First the bus drove about a half hour north through beautiful countryside to Ryvarden, on the coast.   During the drive, we learned a lot about farming and Norwegian folk stories.    At Ryvarden, we had a beautiful hike to the lighthouse, with stunning views.    At the lighthouse, we were treated to fresh Norwegian waffles & coffee, with time to walk around.

Then, the hike back, a short tour of the town (since no one had another appointment, the driver & guide decided to add a little extra touring).

All in all a lovely day.

Best,

Mary

How strenuous was the walk to the lighthouse?  How far?  We are looking at that Princess excursion in Aug 2023.  TYIA.

5 minutes ago, TenneSea said:

How strenuous was the walk to the lighthouse?  How far?  We are looking at that Princess excursion in Aug 2023.  TYIA.

It was about a mile and a half each way.   We went at a comfortable pace.   There were some ups & downs, but not overly strenuous.    If you are regular walkers, you'll have no problems.