Not sold in the USA or Unique Liquor

Hello, Fellow cruisers time to start cruising and looking for unique liquor at all Caribbean ports, I will start off with Hennessy White, not available in the U.S. but easily found in Mexico. I am looking for suggestions for all of the Caribbean ports. Eastern, Western, Southern , Thanks for taking the time to reply.

19 hours ago, justhavingfun said:

Hello, Fellow cruisers time to start cruising and looking for unique liquor at all Caribbean ports, I will start off with Hennessy White, not available in the U.S. but easily found in Mexico. I am looking for suggestions for all of the Caribbean ports. Eastern, Western, Southern , Thanks for taking the time to reply.

If Rum/Rhum

La Favorite La Filbuste

Foursquare Redoubtable 

• 1 month later...

Curacao can be found in the US, but some people like to bring back a bottle of the "real" Curacao from the island, and you can get more than just blue. Also available are white, orange, red, and green, but they all taste the same. The Curacao "factory" also sells some flavored ones, including chocolate-orange.

Some of the Dutch islands (Aruba/Bonaire/Curacao) also have Pisang Ambon, a green banana-ish liqueur that I've never seen anywhere but there.

• 3 months later...

There’s the calwood distillery in Tortola that make a variety of rums. It’s in cane garden bay so if you’re headed there for the beach / pussers you can go taste their rum at the distillery. The local taxi companies will include it on an island tour if asked. 
I quite like their panty dropper rum, smooth and sweet, nothing like their other varieties.

Definitely not available in the USA

On every island there will be an discreet outlet selling “Bush Rum” (aka Moonshine).  Your tour driver will unofficially know of such a place.  But be aware Bush Rum can contain some “Herbalist” items grown on the Island, so best to stay clear from the herbal infusions which would be of particular interest to the US DEA, then you’ll be fine.

One could sample rums, but be aware one may temporarily numb the mouth and tongue, while another will make your eyes feel they have retreated to the back of one’s head.  Let your driver be your guide.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2021 at 9:27 PM, justhavingfun said:

Love the Belizean Rum by Traveler's. Picked that up in Belize City. Not so much their Mr. P's Cashew wine! And the Mexican Cana Real is interesting. Bought some in Mahahual, Mexico. From our 12/13-23/21 W. Caribbean cruise. LOOK around for the cheapest sites on the local economy for the local products. Don't buy them in the duty free shops or nearby. Go for a walk and try some local shopping. For example, I found a hole-in-the-wall "convenience" type market in Belize City. Cheapest beer, wine, and liquor. By far. When afterwards a local would try to sell me say a Belikin beer for say $3, I'd say "I found a cheaper place. $1 a beer!" One proprietress said, "You bought from the Chinese man down the street." And I said, "Yes, best prices in town." Found the "cheap" place in Mayahual at the far south end, about 4 blocks east of the beach boardwalk, in another convenience store with a big Tecate sign on top.