Princess Plus Package after final payment?

suzQ28

Has anyone been able to add the Plus package (gratuities, wifi, drink package) after the final payment date?  I tried doing that today and was told it cannot be added after final payment.  I did not see anything in the FAQ section stating that and am curious if anyone else has had success doing this?  I know sometimes it just takes calling back in and asking a different person.  Thanks!

40 minutes ago, suzQ28 said:

Has anyone been able to add the Plus package (gratuities, wifi, drink package) after the final payment date?  I tried doing that today and was told it cannot be added after final payment.  I did not see anything in the FAQ section stating that and am curious if anyone else has had success doing this?  I know sometimes it just takes calling back in and asking a different person.  Thanks!

I'm sure they'll take your money since you're offering......I'd try calling and hopefully getting another person. 

53 minutes ago, suzQ28 said:

Princess does not offer a Plus Pkg ... they offer a Plus Fare and a Saver Fare.

So, your hope is to change your fare structure after final pay.  This is not the same as adding and paying for a wifi pkg or grats or bev pkg.

Likely Princess will permit you to pre-order and pre-pay any of those items at the currently offered "retail" price ... but I sincerely doubt Princess will permit you to change your fare after final pay from Saver to Plus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, suzQ28 said:

I've been able to add it.  

I would say it is the same answer as doing it before FP Date.  Your cruise has to be re-fared at the current market rate and lose any goodies and acquire any current goodies/promos. 

You would need to move heaven & earth (i.e. convince a CR Supvr I'd say) in order to just change a fare code from Saver to Plus and charge you $40/pp/day.  Of course, it the fare is down from when you booked, then it isn't very painful. 

IDK whether they care if you are technically cancelling after FP Date to re-fare.  Thinking it could be like an upgrade, but I think the key is to expect to pay current market rate for your cabin with the PLUS.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I've been able to add it.  

Hmm, it's been a couple of months, but we were thinking of adding it to a cruise booked for '22.  Our TA said we could, but it would be at the new rate.. which is higher than what we currently have.  This is before final payment.  

OP was asking post final payment.  So, did you add pre or post final payment?   

I admit that we'll be asking again this year.  However, we're still on the fence if it's worth it as spouse doesn't drink the alcoholic beverages.

• Like 1

I was told that Princess Plus is capacity controlled.  It may not be available so close to your departure.  I was also told it was easier to remove the $40  a day then it is to add it.

Interest in knowing why you have this change of heart...if you so wish to share.

13 hours ago, Redwing55 said:

Hmm, it's been a couple of months, but we were thinking of adding it to a cruise booked for '22.  Our TA said we could, but it would be at the new rate.. which is higher than what we currently have.  This is before final payment.  

OP was asking post final payment.  So, did you add pre or post final payment?   

I admit that we'll be asking again this year.  However, we're still on the fence if it's worth it as spouse doesn't drink the alcoholic beverages.

My sailing was already paid in full and completely booked, which might have been why I was able to add it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

My sailing was already paid in full and completely booked, which might have been why I was able to add it.  

And I gather they did not re-fare you and just charged the extra $40/pp/day?  I guess it never hurts or costs to ask - all they can say is "NO".

Just now, Steelers36 said:

And I gather they did not re-fare you and just charged the extra $40/pp/day?  I guess it never hurts or costs to ask - all they can say is "NO".

That's exactly right!  They won't hit you with a baseball bat just for asking.  

I never book a cruise without it anymore.  

50 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

and when they do, you call back and get a different rep

On 7/22/2021 at 1:59 PM, Cruise Raider said:

That's exactly right!  They won't hit you with a baseball bat just for asking.  

I never book a cruise without it anymore.  

Agreed.  We'll be running some numbers and see if it makes sense for us.  Not sure if I want it to make sense or not.......I know I'd drink a ton more with the package.  AND this is for a 15 day with tons of sea days so it's not like we won't be on board a lot.   Decisions, decisions.