What is an E-muster drill

Roccaforte

Royal Caribbean has actually set sail for Alaska from Seattle.   They mention an e-muster drill.  Anyone know what this is?

I’m happy to read that cruise ships are sailing from American ports.  There was a great celebration by both passengers and crew while boarding took place.  Gives me hope that my future cruise will be a go!

• Like 1

I did not see anything in the linked-info regarding those who don't/won't use smartphones (or don't bring them on vacations) or those who have disabilities that may prevent them from using the app (e.g., are there closed-captions, audio descriptions for the visually impaired, etc.). Hopefully they have an alternative procedure for those who need an alternative.

I've always thought too many companies think EVERYONE travels with a smart phone.

Since the cruise lines must guarantee that everyone has mustered I'm sure they have an alternative arrangement.

18 minutes ago, cbb said:

I've always thought too many companies think EVERYONE travels with a smart phone.

Since the cruise lines must guarantee that everyone has mustered I'm sure they have an alternative arrangement.

I hope so. Sometimes organizations don't realize they need alternatives (or that the alternatives aren't adequate) until they are gently nudged.

2 hours ago, cbb said:

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I hope so. Sometimes organizations don't realize they need alternatives (or that the alternatives aren't adequate) until they are gently nudged.

So I've been going to a few MLB games this year. The only way to get the tickets is to have the MLB app and show them on your phone when you enter. No paper tickets, no printing of tickets. Seems they're shooting themselves in the foot with this set up, but there sure are pretty much no scalpers out on the streets around the ballpark now. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

So I've been going to a few MLB games this year. The only way to get the tickets is to have the MLB app and show them on your phone when you enter. No paper tickets, no printing of tickets. Seems they're shooting themselves in the foot with this set up, but there sure are pretty much no scalpers out on the streets around the ballpark now. 

I checked one team's site, and the back up plan for those who can't access the app is: "If you are unable to access your ticket, go to a Ticket Office window for assistance on game day." There is almost always a work around, but it can be a pain in the neck. The funny thing is that most older people I know have smart phones. It's the young professionals in the internet security field that don't have them (or they have a separate smart device for when they absolutely need it, but it has super-security and physical shielding....yeah, they're a paranoid bunch, but I love 'em!).