Does Royal Up acceptance negate cancellation rights under Cruise With Confidence

The recent significant spikes in COVID cases and networks reporting on possible mandated masking requirements, caused me to question how bids made under the Royal Up program might impact the option to cancel a cruise within 48 Hours if booked under Royal’s Cruise With Confidence program.   In reading the fine print of the two programs,  I suspect that an accepted Royal Up bid financially commits one to the cruise and overrides any CWC cancelation option even if the Royal Up bid is accepted prior to 48 hours of the sailing.  Wondering if anyone knows Royal’s official position as it relates to the interface of these two programs?  Starting to believe an attorney is becoming almost as important as a great TA when it comes to booking!

Thank you in advance for shedding some legal light here.  

Keith

1 hour ago, kjc852 said:

In reading the fine print of the two programs,  I suspect that an accepted Royal Up bid financially commits one to the cruise and overrides any CWC cancelation option even if the Royal Up bid is accepted prior to 48 hours of the sailing.

There's no reason to think Royal Up would affect CWC rules. Royal Up is not much different than a "regular' paid upgrade.

• Like 1

Thank you for your input.  I did locate additional information on Royal Up that addressed cancellations as follows:

“Upgrades are non-refundable unless Guest cancels the booking. If Guest cancels the booking, Guest’s cruise fare will be refunded in accordance with RCI’s standard cancellation policy, and Guest will receive a refund for the Total Amount of the Upgrade.”

Notice how it refers to “RCI’s standard cancellation policy” without any reference to Cruise With Confidence.  

13 minutes ago, kjc852 said:

Thank you for your input.  I did locate additional information on Royal Up that addressed cancellations as follows:

“Upgrades are non-refundable unless Guest cancels the booking. If Guest cancels the booking, Guest’s cruise fare will be refunded in accordance with RCI’s standard cancellation policy, and Guest will receive a refund for the Total Amount of the Upgrade.”

Notice how it refers to “RCI’s standard cancellation policy” without any reference to Cruise With Confidence.  

And right now the standard cancellation is cruise with confidence.  I agree with Biker that there would be no issues cancelling under CWC. 

• Like 2