Aft cabin D729 on Regal OK for soot?

Cinerama

We've stayed in D731 more than once, which is right next to D729, and never had any soot problems.  It's one of our favorite cabins because the quiet aft location, beautiful wake views, half covered/half open balcony, and 'premium deluxe' designation which means you get the small loveseat for additional seating.  

I'm sure if you do a search you will find all kinds of feedback on these cabins, and depending on the weather and itinerary they may have had other experiences with soot.  It's never been a problem for us, and in fact we have the same aft cabin area booked for 2 more upcoming cruises.  I wouldn't let it deter you.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We've stayed in D731 more than once, which is right next to D729, and never had any soot problems.  It's one of our favorite cabins because the quiet aft location, beautiful wake views, half covered/half open balcony, and 'premium deluxe' designation which means you get the small loveseat for additional seating.  

I'm sure if you do a search you will find all kinds of feedback on these cabins, and depending on the weather and itinerary they may have had other experiences with soot.  It's never been a problem for us, and in fact we have the same aft cabin area booked for 2 more upcoming cruises.  I wouldn't let it deter you.

Thanks so much for your good report!  I appreciate it.

We had an aft cabin a few years ago and our feet were always dirty after going out on the deck in the back. 

Also, the hangers rattled I think due to the ship swaying, something we never heard in the regular cabins. 

Nothing to contribute here except to note that we are in D729 on August 1, 2021 on Regal's sister, the Majestic.  We will report back.

We are aft-stateroom people.  Soot (and being tossed about) is a possibility but it doesn't bother us.  On the Disney Fantasy, the steward knew it could be an issue depending upon weather.  We caught him a few times brushing things off throughout the day just to be sure.  On her sister ship, the Dream, we never noticed much soot (or anyone making special effort to keep the aft balconies clean).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

We had an aft cabin a few years ago and our feet were always dirty after going out on the deck in the back. 

Also, the hangers rattled I think due to the ship swaying, something we never heard in the regular cabins. 

I'm sorry, but the 'hangers rattled' is funny to me.  ANY cabin can/may/will have movement -- you're on a ship!  We just put the unused hangers on the floor.  Problem solved.  

4 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I'm sorry, but the 'hangers rattled' is funny to me.  ANY cabin can/may/will have movement -- you're on a ship!  We just put the unused hangers on the floor.  Problem solved.  

If yiur hangers are rattling, you haven't taken enough clothes!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 9:28 AM, Cinerama said:

Thank you for your responses! We have done aft cabins before and they are the best.

We are in D726 a few cabins away from you on the same cruise.  I’ve spoken to a few people who have cruised in that cabin and they said they had no problems with soot.  I would think it would be the same for your cabin.

Edited by pcsunlover