Harmony of the seas 15th Aug updates

We are on The 15 th of August and Can still not make the online check in.

we have Got an E mail the 6. Th of Juli with al the rules around cruising from Barcelona. Harmony is on her Way to Civichavecci but there is No time for arrival. She is sailing Very slow from Cypres.

We are also on the 29th August cruise travelling from the UK.  Only information we have had is an email with the protocols for boarding in Spain etc. We are a little concerned as a recent search on RCI website for Harmony cruises in August and September 2021 say no staterooms available for 3 or 4 passengers.

Odd as the villa suite is available which has 4 bedrooms but is bookable for 2 passengers only. Could be to reduce numbers booking maybe as close to the occupancy allowed in Europe

I have not heard anything else either but we're not on till the very end of September. 

@Preziosa, I noticed on the website, where the full protocol is available, that it says down in the "cruise ready recap" section: 14 days before download the app and check in for your cruise. So I think that might mean they're not going to open check in until then. If that's true your check in would open on the 1st of August. I'm onky guessing though; I could be completely wrong.

31 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

FionaMG I Think you are Right, but I have heard that check in Maybe Open earlyer on the internet, because not every people have the App

Yes, it might. I have had that happen even before the pandemic. On our last cruise before everything shut down I was able to check in online nearly a week before the option showed up on the app. I check both every day. 😁

I’m still waiting on the U.K. Government taking France off the “Amber Plus” list and removing their advice against international cruises.

Otherwise this will invalidate travel insurance! 

The UK government's policy is a shambles. Every time you think you're beginning to get a handle on it they move the goalposts. I'm a fully vaccinated ex-pat Brit and was hoping to get over to see my family but, like those of you coming from the US, I would have to do the 10 days quarantine too because I was vaccinated in Europe. It's a complete mess. :classic_sad:

Anyway, I hope they get their act together and behave sensibly soon enough so that you can all get to your cruises.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gardenfrog said:

You can get travel insurance to cover you if you go against fco advice. I’m getting mine from staysure for September cruise. Hopefully it will still go! 

I’ll look Into that!

Still need all the destinations to be Amber or below however. Can’t afford 10 days quarantine due to work! 

We supposed to be on the 29th Aug cruise. My country has just rated Spain now to " High Risk Country" from previously rating "Risk Country". That means that my travel insurance does not cover anything corona-related when we travel nevertheless. Royal`s answer on my TA's query simply was referring to the CWC option. I wish they would  offer L&S , but they don't......

No whatsoever other contact or information from RCI (oh, no,  correction -  the last and only message was to pay the final......)

15 hours ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

We are also on the 29th August cruise travelling from the UK.  Only information we have had is an email with the protocols for boarding in Spain etc. We are a little concerned as a recent search on RCI website for Harmony cruises in August and September 2021 say no staterooms available for 3 or 4 passengers.

Odd as the villa suite is available which has 4 bedrooms but is bookable for 2 passengers only. Could be to reduce numbers booking maybe as close to the occupancy allowed in Europe

Have no idea on the capacity of the cruise. Also waiting for the amber+ countries to be removed. 

I did email rcl reference the mask policy, they stated no masks on sunloungers. Which is a start. 

We have a central park view for three, but booked it 18months ago, when we got a good deals, free child place . So really dont wanna not go.

13 hours ago, gardenfrog said:

You can get travel insurance to cover you if you go against fco advice. I’m getting mine from staysure for September cruise. Hopefully it will still go! 

I checked last night, you are covered for amber but not if the country changes from amber to amber plus or red where you need to quarantine. 

I really need to know how likely spain, france or italy will move from amber to amber plus or red. Dont mind if stays amber as double jabbed. But its a risk it could move when away. 

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

My country has just rated Spain now to " High Risk Country" from previously rating "Risk Country". That means that my travel insurance does not cover anything corona-related when we travel nevertheless.

Interesting... I thought they got rid of the official Reisewarnungen (travel alerts) but I just checked Spain and yes, a travel alert. AIDA has just started an all Spain cruise out of Palma de Mallorca... TUI Cruises starts in Palma as well with Mein Schiff 2 and one itinerary includes Ibiza and Barcelona (in August). ADAC insurance says the travel alert must have been in effect at the time of booking and at the time of the start of the trip. So maybe the "and" might be the way to get out of this. Not sure about other insurances just checked this one.

steamboats

What a Royal Mess, sure glad we moved our cruise to 2022. Would have been way to many other issues(distractions) to be concerned about rather then just trying to enjoy the cruise itself.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Interesting... I thought they got rid of the official Reisewarnungen (travel alerts) but I just checked Spain and yes, a travel alert. AIDA has just started an all Spain cruise out of Palma de Mallorca... TUI Cruises starts in Palma as well with Mein Schiff 2 and one itinerary includes Ibiza and Barcelona (in August). ADAC insurance says the travel alert must have been in effect at the time of booking and at the time of the start of the trip. So maybe the "and" might be the way to get out of this. Not sure about other insurances just checked this one.

steamboats

I am with LTA, you should know, its one of the largest here. I have a written response from them that Covid is not insured in case you enter a high risk country

"If you fall ill at your vacation destination and require medical assistance, insurance cover is provided if there was no travel warning for the travel area prior to entry."

Edited by Kbonner

It is a mess, going to three different countries and each one having different covid requirements etc is mind boggling. For us in the UK, id be quite happy just to get on in barcelona and a slow cruise around the Med. Have already been to all the countries we are due to stop and whilst lovely countries i dont mind not stopping or any port visits. 

Adding port stops in different countries is difficult for all to keep track of the different rules. For example a port stop in france means 10 day isolations when UK passengers get home. Even if you dont get off. 

Also our insurance covers Amber but not Amber +. 

Already looked to move to next year but no "offers" for next summer in the EU. Getting constant good offers for US cruises though......

9 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

It is a mess, going to three different countries and each one having different covid requirements etc is mind boggling. For us in the UK, id be quite happy just to get on in barcelona and a slow cruise around the Med. Have already been to all the countries we are due to stop and whilst lovely countries i dont mind not stopping or any port visits. 

Adding port stops in different countries is difficult for all to keep track of the different rules. For example a port stop in france means 10 day isolations when UK passengers get home. Even if you dont get off. 

Also our insurance covers Amber but not Amber +. 

Already looked to move to next year but no "offers" for next summer in the EU. Getting constant good offers for US cruises though......

We would happy to just sail around the Med too and it's easier for us (at the moment, anyway) because we're in Portugal and (again, at the moment) don't have to worry about green and amber and amber+ lists. Such a mess.

I wonder how big a percentage of the passenger load is from the UK and whether Royal are monitoring all this and would be swayed to change the itinerary. The 14-day check-in bit on the protocols really makes me think they are leaving it till the last minute to allow for possible changes.

Yeah maybe they waiting to see who checks in amd who dosnt.

We have a gov review for holidays due on the 3rd Aug and again around the 24th Aug, both of these dates allow us to cancel for a FCC if required. Then just hope for a deal for next year 🤔🤣

2 hours ago, Kbonner said:

I am with LTA, you should know, its one of the largest here. I have a written response from them that Covid is not insured in case you enter a high risk country

"If you fall ill at your vacation destination and require medical assistance, insurance cover is provided if there was no travel warning for the travel area prior to entry."

I had a similar one but changed to another company. I can´t find anything on their website at all. Seems like the don´t have a Covid-19 add on for the Reiserücktrittsversicherung. HanseMerkur says that the Covid-19 add on is also valid when there is an official travel alert at the time of the start of the trip.

steamboats