proof of Medical Coverage

8 minutes ago, spunks said:

Does anyone know if RCCL will require proof of coverage before boarding for a cruise?

I believe the unvaccinated will have to provide proof. See insurance requirements below.

Unvaccinated guests 12 and Older:
Guests who are 12 and older and do not have or are unable to provide vaccination documentation will be considered unvaccinated and will have additional testing at their own expense and must follow health and safety protocols described below, including:

·        

o   Negative results from a pre-arrival PCR test for COVID-19

o   A PCR test at the terminal

o   Antigen testing onboard the day before debarkation

o   Travel insurance requirements

o   Shore excursions required to visit ports

o   Additional health protocols onboard

Insurance Requirement
As a condition of boarding, each unvaccinated guest 12 and older departing from a Florida homeport on a Royal Caribbean International cruise must provide proof of a valid insurance policy that has a minimum of (a) $25,000 per person in medical expense coverage and (b) $50,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation and no COVID-19 exclusions.

The insurance policy must name the unvaccinated guest as the policy holder or beneficiary and may be purchased from a travel insurance company of the guest's choosing or through the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Program which fulfills these requirements and provides other benefits for travel protection. Insurance is required for sailings from August 1 through December 31, 2021 (except for bookings made between March 19, 2021 and June 28, 2021).

Edited by TYMAN

These kind of requirements seem to change by the minute nowadays. But, for what it is worth, I booked a cruise out of Galveston last week through my TA and she told me Royal Caribbean is requiring proof of medical insurance for all passengers. I'm on Medicare as of this year, which is only good in the US. So, I just purchased third party trip insurance that includes $250K primary medical (incl COVID), med-e vac, and repatriation. That satisfies the requirement.

18 minutes ago, choose2cruz said:

These kind of requirements seem to change by the minute nowadays. But, for what it is worth, I booked a cruise out of Galveston last week through my TA and she told me Royal Caribbean is requiring proof of medical insurance for all passengers. I'm on Medicare as of this year, which is only good in the US. So, I just purchased third party trip insurance that includes $250K primary medical (incl COVID), med-e vac, and repatriation. That satisfies the requirement.

Your TA gave you errant information.  

There is no requirement for medical insurance.

Currently unvaccinated must provide travel insurance that meets certain specific criteria.

19 minutes ago, choose2cruz said:

You didn't state in your post if you are vaccinated so for clarifications purposes... It's only required if you are unvaccinated.  If you are vaccinated no tests and no extra medical insurance required.

Just now, Tree_skier said:

You didn't state in your post if you are vaccinated so for clarifications purposes... It's only required if you are unvaccinated.  If you are vaccinated no tests and no extra medical insurance required.

Thank you. Yes, fully vaccinated as soon as it was available to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, choose2cruz said:

Thank you. Yes, fully vaccinated as soon as it was available to me.

Then your TA misinformed you. You didn’t need the insurance. That being said, I’m certainly not discouraging folks from getting good travel insurance. I always think it’s a good idea when you are traveling internationally. 

It’s just not required by Royal. 

• Like 1