Quarantine Free entry to the UK from 2nd August 2021 for EU &USA

SALAD MUNCHER

Now that the UK is allowing double jabbed visitors to enter the country from EU or USA without quarantine from Monday next (2nd August), surely it is time for Cunard to now allow UK double jabbed passengers to get on and off the ship during their Staycation cruises within the UK without having to book a Cunard excursion, otherwise it is farcical.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sogne said:

FCO still stipulates that only organised excursions should be allowed and until that changes Cunard have no choice but to follow. 

Since when did the FCDO have jurisdiction over UK citizens in the U.K.? This seems bizarre.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sogne said:

FCO still stipulates that only organised excursions should be allowed and until that changes Cunard have no choice but to follow. 

I cannot find this stipulation, can you give me a link?

This is all I have found: 

"There are no restrictions on travel within England.

Most legal restrictions to control COVID-19 have been lifted at step 4. This means that:

• You do not need to stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with. There are also no limits on the number of people you can meet.
  • The requirement to wear face coverings in law has been lifted. However, the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas such as public transport.
  • There are no longer limits on the number of people who can attend weddings, civil partnerships, funerals and other life events (including receptions and celebrations). There is no requirement for table service at life events, or restrictions on singing or dancing..." 
Edited by SALAD MUNCHER
update

55 minutes ago, sogne said:

I don't know about exact stipulation but the GOV.UK. site says it's up to passengers to makes sure they're comfortable with all safety measures put in place.

I suppose that leads on to UK Chamber of Shipping which puts the onus on the operators to carry out risk assessments etc and if Cunard are keeping their protocols in place for the presumed safety of all, then that will be fine for me, for the time being.

I just wish our remaining '21 cruises were going ahead this year as I'd be more than happy to comply with anything which meant Cunard were doing their utmost to keep their passengers as safe as they could.

1 hour ago, SALAD MUNCHER said:

surely it is time for Cunard to now allow UK double jabbed passengers to get on and off the ship during their Staycation cruises within the UK without having to book a Cunard excursion, otherwise it is farcical

But Cunard does or did have the monopoly on excursions. This could cost them a bit of money.

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

But Cunard does or did have the monopoly on excursions. This could cost them a bit of money.

Maybe they do but I am sure the price of those excursions, may stop a good many passengers opting to use them. Don't forget this is a UK cruise for UK passengers, and many of those passengers will have already visited many of the ports/towns in the past. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SALAD MUNCHER said:

Maybe they do but I am sure the price of those excursions, may stop a good many passengers opting to use them. Don't forget this is a UK cruise for UK passengers, and many of those passengers will have already visited many of the ports/towns in the past. 

So those passengers will just what? Spa treatment, drink onboard? Either way they win I am sure.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:18 PM, ace2542 said:

So those passengers will just what? Spa treatment, drink onboard? Either way they win I am sure.

There is always something to do on board, but maybe it will be reduced to compensate for those going on the Cunard excursions. We will just have to wait and see how their policies evolve and if they change them after 2nd August to fall in line with Government advice.