Staycation Cruises - What Happens If You Test Positive Onboard?

cbjroms

Does anyone know what happens if you develop COVID symptoms (or test positive) once onboard? Presume that 'patient' would need to isolate in cabin but would other members of their party been given another cabin? I guess on return to Southampton the 'patient' would just disembark seperately and, once out of the terminal would get themselves home.

I don't think we know how it will pan out yet but they must be keeping quite a few cabins free in case isolation/quarantine is necessary.

One thing I do think will happen is that everyone in your cabin will have to be isolated as they will have been in close contact with you.

As for getting home, I would hope P and O would assist, but don't know for sure.

Lots of 'not sures' there!😀

6 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

On Britannia last week, the passenger decks were closed between mid and aft lift areas for isolation cabins on both sides of the ship.

Was that the same on b deck, that would be a lot of suites to have closed as a precaution? 

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

As for getting home, I would hope P and O would assist, but don't know for sure.

Once the patient is off the ship, P&O have no responsibility. Why should they?  If you were staying  in a hotel and got coronavirus,  the hotel has no obligation to look after you.

That's why insurance is your friend.

2 hours ago, amfc_lenny said:

Was that the same on b deck, that would be a lot of suites to have closed as a precaution? 

Yes, we had a B deck aft suite.  I did also look at some other decks out of curiosity, and they were also blocked.

9 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

Yes, we had a B deck aft suite.  I did also look at some other decks out of curiosity, and they were also blocked.

I hope no one tests positive but those Aft decks you mention look amazing for having your own space,

Last night we were watching a YouTube film of A727 .

https://youtu.be/zeynnELeszQ    Now that's what I call a cabin :classic_love:

Edited by kalos

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope no one tests positive but those Aft decks you mention look amazing for having your own space,

Last night we were watching a YouTube film of A727 .

https://youtu.be/zeynnELeszQ    Now that's what I call a cabin :classic_love:

We had B723, 1 deck down and towards the centre.  All the same extras as per the video, with a rectangular balcony and you can see the aft of the ship.

I believe the primary purpose of the glass canopies was to stop the soot accumulation on these balconies, as I had read previously in the wrong wind conditions you could not use them due to getting covered in soot from the stacks.  On one day we did have a slight smell of soot, but nothing on the balcony.

Nice wide balcony for B723 & B724.

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

• Like 3