Mardi Gras 1st thoughts

jimbo5544

Had the great opportunity to spend the day on the Mardi Gras yesterday.  Thought I would post my initial thoughts.  First, the new terminal, very nice, and very open.  The extra steps for covid seemed to go fairly well.  One thing of note was the VIP area (closer to the ship was marked just for suite guests, no mention of Plat diamond).  For there to the ship was a long hallway, two gangways, not sure if they will use both).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

The crew was waiting and applauding us as we boarded.  nice touch.  First thing I noticed was the window wall (which converts to digital wall also and no guests services there (its on the Starboard side aft on 8.).

• Like 6

There is an amazing number of eateries on the ship, frankly blew me away, she for pay and some not.  We had the opportunity to try most of not all.  Quick review I LOVED Big Shaq chicken and EMeril's bistro.  Rudy's will take dining on Carnival ships to a whole new level.  While Lido remans, we had to look find it.  All eateries that were on other ships are bigger, some way bigger.

• Like 11

Serenity is by far the best I have ever seen on a Carnival ship.  Absolutely fantastic.  Loft 19 is great but SUPER expensive, look for repricing sooner rather than later.  Regular rooms seemed a little more narrow, suites wowed us.  This ship is way different (in a good way) than any other Carnival ship ou have been on. Feel free to ask questions

• Like 9

Did they have BOLT operating for you guys?

I was thinking that Emeril's would be my first lunch following embarkation next Saturday !! I see on the copies of the FunTimes which were posted that many of the lunch places open at 10:30. I wonder if that's just for the initial sailing - seems earlier than typical.

See you onboard !!

Tom

• Like 2