Sept 2021 Med Grand Cruise

Sued

"The Russians have been more belligerent lately. Their planes have been zooming other countries ships;  the only Navy they haven’t threatened is “McHales Navy”😀"

Just like the USAF did to merchant ships who went too near to Vietnam when they were en route to Japan? ☺️

Well, things just become more exciting!  We are still going on this Grand Voyage and look forward to seeing our friends from prior cruises and meeting new friends!    And I don't think that the circumstances will require me to remember my old Navy doctor skills!

Dieter

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Wellseasoned said:

Well, things just become more exciting!  We are still going on this Grand Voyage and look forward to seeing our friends from prior cruises and meeting new friends!    And I don't think that the circumstances will require me to remember my old Navy doctor skills!

Dieter

Good to hear from you and look forward to meeting again in Athens.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2021 at 3:04 PM, Wellseasoned said:

Dieter

Enjoy Well!  🥰

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

And so today we learn from US friends that this segment has been replaced by a Greek Island exploration. No response from our SS consultant to email or phone calls. Just a big fat silence.

I’ll disappointed, but not shocked

We certainly anticipated itinerary changes…this one especially.  We are just so happy the cruise is still on…and know we will have a wonderful experience.  I cannot begin to imagine the logistical nightmare this has been for SS.  

59 minutes ago, Sued said:

We certainly anticipated itinerary changes…this one especially.  We are just so happy the cruise is still on…and know we will have a wonderful experience.  I cannot begin to imagine the logistical nightmare this has been for SS.  

Couldn't agree more.  We'd be very happy to cruise in circles for a week or so.  Glad your voyage is still on.

I'm so sorry for the passengers who booked the Black Sea segment only & hard to fathom why Silversea hasn't contacted the UK travelers.  But, the thought of being stuck in one of the Black Sea ports was not appealing so I'm delighted that Greek/Italian ports have been substituted.   Also, very good news on being able to sail from Venice.

3 weeks & counting !

Just received email from SS confirming that departure on 8th September in Venice will be from the Fusina terminal which appears to be mainland Venice.

Also the stop in Durres, Albania is cancelled and replaced by a further day in Corfu. This is because Greek authorities will not allow docking after a call in Albania.

Otherwise we hope all systems go.

• Thanks 1

We don’t have maid service here so going in circles is okay with us while someone else serves, cleans and picks up after us. We like sea days, and have seen most of these places before. Besides “WE NEED A VACATION “.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

We don’t have maid service here so going in circles is okay with us while someone else serves, cleans and picks up after us. We like sea days, and have seen most of these places before. Besides “WE NEED A VACATION “.

A noon time libation is also much more socially acceptable when on vacation.  🕛 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

PS: It’s even nicer when people who don’t like sea days get off.😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

The 3 ''new'' itineraries of the Silver Shadow are uploaded to the official website.

Just spotted that too, the new excursions were available yesterday afternoon on MySilversea.

One other really unfortunate result of the changes is that the stop at our favorite Greek Island, Rhodes, has also gone.

Its also noticeable that all guest categories are now showing available, there must be some significant cancellations happening.

Edited by Silver Spectre

Looks like we're in Rhodes on 7 Oct.  The e-mail from Silversea this morning had a bit of surprise though with no independent exploring in Italy or Portugal.  Maybe they'll change the rules before we arrive in either or both.  Otherwise, the "rules" don't look too onerous.  3 weeks!

Have been reading conflicting info regarding supply of face masks.  I thought at one point pax were asked to wear the SS supplied masks only….but when we asked out TA to confirm with SS, she said they are not providing them.  any one else have definitive info on this?  
we have no problem using our own, but want to I sure we bring enough supply.

I watched a YouTube video of Muse yesterday. The gentleman had just disembarked and gave a good review.  During his presentation, he made the point that if you didn’t have a mask, a crew member would give you one. He had so many provided in his cabin, they looked like a stack of cards.